Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD-Squier Standard Telecaster VB Indian Laurel

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by junkosc, May 16, 2018.

1. junkosc

junkosc TDPRI Member

May 5, 2018
    Eagle Rock
    Beautiful guitar. Plays and sounds great. The neck is not the prettiest to look at but plays well, no fret ends sticking out, they will need to get a polishing. I’ll see if I can get that Indian Laurel a little darker after I polish the frets. I have the Bullet, Standard and CV now, I’m done...life is good!
    29A8AA26-0F8E-44AC-85A9-C4B8479ACA93.jpeg E2C10B6D-D0BD-4E42-ADDD-449DEE1D624B.jpeg 85B55E0D-A02B-4EA1-83CE-F0B0015B5ADA.jpeg

2. Powertrip240

Powertrip240 TDPRI Member

May 6, 2018
    PHX, AZ
    Love the color! But you still need an Affinity to complete the collection! ;)

Solszewski1963 likes this.
  3. Solszewski1963

Solszewski1963 TDPRI Member

Apr 21, 2018
    Missoula MT
    IMG_20180802_195401.jpg I've have the Affinity with the Indian Laurel fretboard. I bought it on a lark, mostly because it was SOOOOO orange! Maybe I got lucky, but I'm kind of blown away by both the quality/feel/look of the fretboard, and the sound of the stock pickups. I read somewhere that Squier is putting Highway 1 pickups in their Affinitys. Can anyone confirm or deny this? The Affinity isn't on par with my 2014 AST, but it's pretty dang close. It stays in tune, has good intonation, and twangs like a mofo!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
    nicod98 and FenderGyrl like this.
  4. nicod98

nicod98 Tele-Holic

Jul 7, 2014
    Belgium
    I'm actually torn between a blonde standard and the FSR Seafoam Green... since both look so nice...
    The Indian Laurel looks pretty dark in this picture (and pretty in general too), so i'd probably leave it at that!

Congratulations!

5. KennyWTelejazz

KennyWTelejazz Tele-Meister

Oct 6, 2011
    The Planet Tele X.
    I recently picked up a Squier Affinity Tele in Racing Green with the Indian Laurel Rosewood neck ...
    The slab of rosewood is pretty thick actually .
    I'm wondering what is going on with how good the stock pick ups sound ...
    I bought this guitar w out playing it first through an amp since I was more interested in the feel of the guitar .
    I was thinking I wanted to put my unused Duncan Broadcaster pick up in it once I got it home and changed the strings but I liked the way it sounded so much I kept it stock .This gtr sounds decent just the way it is ....

Kenny

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.