Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD: Sonic Blue Performer Series Tele!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Ydwen Jones, Jan 11, 2019 at 6:28 AM.

1. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    :lol::lol::lol:

That's what they all say. Congrats on a beauty!

Ydwen Jones likes this.
  2. John C

John C Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Sep 20, 2005
    Kansas City
    Pretty guitar - I have yet to see any American Performer in the satin sonic blue; I don't think Fender does a good job capturing any of the American Performer solid colors on their website.

Enjoy!

Ydwen Jones likes this.
  3. The Ballzz

The Ballzz Tele-Afflicted

Apr 11, 2016
    Las Vegas, NV
    Simply Go-Jus! Another nice color in this series is the Honey Burst, or at least the particular example at the Fender site. The burst transition is very subtle and gentle. Although I'm definitely a bigger fan of the Sonic Blue! :D Not sure though why they decided to make it "satin?" I'm also a little confused as to why Fender hasn't seen fit to upgrade this new series to the wonderfully compensated saddle released on only the American Professional series and the Brad Paisley. They should be on every three saddle model, except maybe the more "vintage" appointed units! Either way, as the OP @Ydwen Jones said, it sure looks like a keeper!

HNGD!
    Gene

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 12:10 PM
    Ydwen Jones likes this.
  4. Crobbins

Crobbins Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Meiners Oaks CA.
  5. Sconnie

Sconnie Tele-Afflicted

May 1, 2017
    Denver, CO
    Now that's what I'm talking about!

Who needs the $4000 Wildwood tele we saw yesterday? You made the right choice, rock on! :)

Ydwen Jones likes this.
  6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Beauty!

We look forward to your personal review of these new pickups - that's what I'd like to hear about!

Ydwen Jones likes this.
  7. Gary in Boston

Gary in Boston Friend of Leo's

Apr 17, 2003
    WALTHAM MA
    Way back in the 60's my older brother had a Sonic Blue P-bass musta been around 64-65or so.

I always loved that color.

Gary

Ydwen Jones likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.