Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD!!! MJT content...

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by el cheapo, Sep 21, 2017.

1. tonyj

tonyj Tele-Holic

May 23, 2011
    Alberta, Canada
    Of course! .......and thanks GFM.

Reminds me of a car that a friend of mine bought in the UK, a brand new MGB GT. When we asked him what colour it was, he told us that it was 'Tomato Blue' ....... and that it was parked right in front of the pub. We all piled outside to take a look. His description of the colour was spot on!

2. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Jan 13, 2011
    Southcentral Pa
    The guy advertised it as reliced LPB, so I'm just going by what he said. It is quite a bit darker than most LPB guitars I've seen, but lacquer does yellow with age. Whatever the color, it's a solid guitar that plays and sounds good. This is my first vintage spec neck and I like it. Seems good for fingerstyle or picking, and I haven't had any trouble doing Pink Floyd bends with the set of 10's that are on it. No complaints here!

tonyj and Discreetb4u like this.

3. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Jan 13, 2011
    Southcentral Pa
    I did notice when I had it apart that 4/01 was penciled in the neck pocket. Anybody want to chime in on what that means?

4. joshigh

joshigh Tele-Meister

Jun 10, 2003
    Plant City, FL
    That's the body weight. MJT pencils it in there.

5. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Jan 13, 2011
    Southcentral Pa
    Gotcha. Thanks!

6. You rip pink Floyd tunes? Any chance you can post a video of that?

7. Perfect pair if a woman accepts you when you're "comfortably numb" .. let's hear you play!
    Sparking my interest El Cheapo! :twisted::rolleyes:

8. Btw- the song is not about drugs. It's about him as a child and his mother taking care of him with a fever...
    Some mothers are special even nurses, he sounded like he had a good one!

9. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Jan 13, 2011
    Southcentral Pa
    Didn't know that! I always thought that part about getting through the show with a little help was sketchy, but there's plenty of sketchiness in my past too. Still my favorite guitar solo EVER. Don't really have any equipment to record anything right now, not even an I phone. Gonna have to remedy that at some point!

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
    Discreetb4u likes this.

10. Everyone has a sketchy past. ;)
    Your wife must love hearing you play!?

11. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Jan 13, 2011
    Southcentral Pa
    Unattached at the moment. I do forget to shut my door once in a while and the landlady reminds me to turn it down! She's not a Floyd fan.

Discreetb4u likes this.

12. Hang on to that string a little longer, im sure there's someone who will help attach a knot with you. :)

You must really be a Pink Floyd fan if your Landlady gets on your case!
    You enjoy most classic rock? What else do you play? :oops:

13. dkmw

dkmw Tele-Afflicted Ad Free + Supporter

Mar 30, 2016
    Florida USA
    Another what a deal comment!

Which Allparts neck? Looks like it could be a V? (I don't see much shoulder on there).

14. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Jan 13, 2011
    Southcentral Pa
    Seller said it was a fat "D" neck. Definitely fills my hand and feels good. Vintage radius is new to me. Strings aren't where I'm used to them being, but I'm learning.

Discreetb4u likes this.

15. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Jan 13, 2011
    Southcentral Pa
    Got a chance to weigh it tonight. The tele is 7 pounds even.

16. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Tele-Meister

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    Cool guitar. Just goes to show what can be achieved if you know what your doing. Well done!

17. el cheapo

el cheapo Tele-Afflicted

Jan 13, 2011
    Southcentral Pa
    Thanks! Yeah, it's not rocket science. Just get a couple cheap guitars to learn on at first.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.