Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD - MIM Standard - Lake Placid Blue

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by wblynch, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Damitboy

Damitboy TDPRI Member

Dec 8, 2018
    omaha ne
    beautiful ax,beautiful color, right up there with the ghost grey i think its called??? probably wrong but u probably know it. any way I am new to the electric way,got almost a year, what does NGD stand for( hope you believe there’s no such thing as a dumb question

wblynch likes this.
  2. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Feb 4, 2015
    UK and EU
    I came at my MiM Std from the other direction - it was my first budget Fender. I wanted something to gut and modify and got it shop damaged, cheaply.

Ended up at the same place - my best Tele yet. And of course the best colour! 20180918_143844.jpg

3. WingedWords

Feb 4, 2015
    UK and EU
    New Guitar Day - everyone's favourite post! They have to have pictures.

Also N Amp D, N Pedal D, etc etc ad infinitum, you name it.

wblynch and Damitboy like this.
  4. DHart

DHart Tele-Afflicted

Oct 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    Beautiful color - congrats!

wblynch likes this.
  5. Damitboy

Damitboy TDPRI Member

Dec 8, 2018
    omaha ne
    kuul,cool,kuel,... i said anybody will help any time at this place, site whatever it may be. now i gotta find out what type pickups i picked up fer nuttin thanks for the reply

WingedWords likes this.
  6. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Tele-Afflicted

My main is a standard MIM. Original pups are back in it. Now back to dead stock. Enjoy!

wblynch likes this.
  7. Bowpickins

Bowpickins Tele-Meister

May 29, 2018
    Somewhere In TX
    MIM telecasters are great guitars for the money, IMO. I bought mine 3 years ago as my first guitar, and it sounds just as good, if not better, than some of the more recent American line of telecasters that I have tried. enjoy! :)

wblynch likes this.
  8. thatteleguy

thatteleguy TDPRI Member

Jan 6, 2019
    East Sussex, UK
    Lake Placid Blue is definitely one of my favourite colours. Looks like a fantastic Tele, I'd love to hear it in action!

I have just acquired a 1995 MIM Strat Standard, and it is completely unmodified - yet it has so much mojo. Some of these MIM's really are fantastic guitars. Congrats.

9. wblynch

wblynch Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Apr 24, 2017
    California USA
    It means New Guitar Day. I’ve only had two of them.

10. wblynch

Apr 24, 2017
    California USA
    Beautiful. I like the ashtray cover and compliment you on the strap.

11. WingedWords

Feb 4, 2015
    UK and EU
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  12. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Jan 1, 2014
    UK
    Congratulations, looks sweet.

wblynch likes this.
  13. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Holic

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    Glad you are happy with it, i got Candy apple Red and maple too :)

wblynch likes this.
  14. Ydwen Jones

Ydwen Jones TDPRI Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Amsterdam
    HNGD!

Your first Tele? Wow, I remember when I got my first one. Just couldn't put stop playing it and looking at it. It was an arctic white Affinity and I was hooked! I ended up trading it in for my CAR MIM Tele, that I still own. But not for long. I'll be parting with it, next Friday when I'm picking up my new sonic blue Performer Tele.

Anyway, enjoy your beautiful new Tele and I'm sure you'll be a Tele-addict like most of us here, in no time. Because once you go Tele, there's no way back!:)

wblynch and Damitboy like this.
  15. Damitboy

Damitboy TDPRI Member

Dec 8, 2018
    omaha ne
    no kiddin,i got mim nash dlx bout 3 wks ago and it sits hooked up next to me on couch,first quality ax i ever owned,now my coffee gets cold, i ignore the phone, don’t care whos at the door, I am helpless, its got a spell on me,
    gotta go play .... later on

16. wblynch

Apr 24, 2017
    California USA
    Yeah... I got an electric guitar when I was about 13 that my mom got at Montgomgey Wards or something, I can't recollect and have no photos. About a year later I traded it for a go-cart and that was the end of my guitar days until a couple of years ago when I got a Les Paul from my daughter and that lead me here.

I love the Tele for it's personality and the Les Paul for its. Getting old and want to retire so I feel it's time to let the music come out of me that's been bottled up from 52 years of working, raising kids, paying bills and worrying without much time for "artistic expression". LOL

I have a long way to go but starting to learn and hopefully in another year or two it will be listenable.

TDPRI.COM is a great site because you can talk about all kinds of things here. It's not Notsy-ized to only pure Telecaster content. I especially enjoy the sections on Amps.

Thanks to you all !!

LocoTex, Damitboy and Kodiak like this.
  17. GEECEE

GEECEE TDPRI Member

Mar 26, 2018
    IndaHouse
    Nice. Love that color!

wblynch likes this.
  18. Art VanDelay

Art VanDelay Tele-Holic

May 20, 2018
    Arcata
    Lake Placid, Pelham, Surf Green, or Daphne make any Fender a knock-out

LocoTex and wblynch like this.
  19. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 11, 2006
    Greater Boston
    Nice score, congrats!

wblynch likes this.
  20. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 26, 2011
    Kent, UK
    LPB Teles look so nice. I had on old one that I sold and still regret it. When Fender announced the new Player Series I expected the prices of Standards to drop. Here, in the UK at least, prices for both new and used are staying quite high.

wblynch likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.