Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD incoming: King thinline

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by JukeJointJunkie, Nov 22, 2018.

1. JukeJointJunkie

JukeJointJunkie Tele-Meister

Feb 13, 2016
    West Texas
    The setup- I've been gassing for a guitar similar to the B&G Little Sister guitars. I finally saw one on FleaBay this morning, and decided to take the plunge. It's made by King. ???? who knows what kind of quality it will be but for a little over $200 I figured what the heck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Eh, we'll see.

2. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    Do tell....looks very interesting.

3. DaddyG

DaddyG Tele-Meister

Oct 25, 2012
    Norton, Ohio
    JJJ, do you have further info on this guitar brand? I cannot find anything that leads me to it. Thanks

4. JukeJointJunkie

Feb 13, 2016
    West Texas
    I haven't been able to find anything. But I think it's Cozart.

nojazzhere likes this.
  5. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    Looks NICE!......did it come with that case as well? PLEASE let us know more when you get it!!!!!

6. knopflerfan

knopflerfan Tele-Afflicted

Mar 18, 2012
    In the woods
    Looks pretty "quirky" cool. Can't wait to here more about it.

7. Joe Sailor

Joe Sailor Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Jan 18, 2011
    Longmont, CO
    Wow, that looks really nice. The B&G has always had me GAS’ing.
    Didn’t find this one on eBay, good find! What did you search for? Let us know how it is when you get it.
    Congrats

8. JukeJointJunkie

Feb 13, 2016
    West Texas
    It finally came in today (thanks FedUp) for the run around) and unfortunately haven't had much time to really play with it. It looks good, and it did come with the hardshell tweed case which was cool. The guitar itself....it needs a lot of fretwork. No sprouting, but frets 6-7-8 seem to be sticking up or the fretboard is humped right there, not sure yet. Truss rod adjustment doesn't help unfortunately. So if I keep it (likely) i'll be needing to get a fret leveling block from StewMac. I was hoping it wouldn't be that much of a project but since I haven't found one of this body style until now, I'll probably keep it and go to work.

I hope to plug it in tomorrow.

9. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    I'm not crazy about the headstock, but the rest of the guitar looks cool! We want a full report when you get it!

10. JukeJointJunkie

Feb 13, 2016
    West Texas
    Yep, the headstock is kind of big. Not too bad though.

The P90s seem to be on the mild side. Neck is average, not too skinny or chunky.

The case actually fits my PRS Bernie Marsden, which is kind of cool.

11. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Jan 1, 2014
    UK
    Looks like a nice guitar! Hope you have fun!

12. JukeJointJunkie

Feb 13, 2016
    West Texas
    So, I've had a little time to mess with the guitar. It needed a fret leveling. So I ordered a sanding block from StewMac. Kind of a new experience, as I have fret files and have dressed individual frets before, but I've never gone to town on the entire neck of a guitar. But so far so good. I haven't even crowned the frets yet but it already is a vast improvement.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.