Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD! Have you heard of MAIN STREET GUITARS?

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Tollehouse Twang, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Tollehouse Twang

Tollehouse Twang TDPRI Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Vista, ca
    So I found this on offer up for 40 bones! I'm so happy! No I don't need another tele but guess what... I DO WHEN THEY ARE BASICALLY FREE!

Funny thing... See the hole on the body above the neck pick up? They put a Mary Jane pipe through the guitar so they could partake and play at the same time.. Well I can mask it with a mod!

It plays great after a set up! I like gloss maple neck.

Anyways.. anyone ever heard or have a main street guitar?

Attached Files:

Gdolly likes this.

2. Gmountain

Gmountain TDPRI Member

Jun 7, 2015
    Florida
    Yes, I have one. It was the American Flag model,signed by Ted Nugent. It's actually pretty fun to play.

3. SoulstormTX

SoulstormTX Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2017
    San Antonio, Tx
    Nice looking guit. Real wood I'm assuming?

4. Tollehouse Twang

Jul 24, 2017
    Vista, ca
    Yeah it's definitely real would I checked under the control plate and it's definitely solid looks like three piece.

5. Tollehouse Twang

Jul 24, 2017
    Vista, ca
    Nice! In the research I did on Main Street guitars I saw a Texas flag tele with a white pickguard that looks so rad! I would totally rock that

6. Tollehouse Twang

Jul 24, 2017
    Vista, ca
    Tuners and pots are junk I'll probably replace those with scraps I've got laying around

7. SoulstormTX

SoulstormTX Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2017
    San Antonio, Tx
    Next up is a new neck from USACG and some cavalier pickups huh? ;-)

8. Tollehouse Twang

Jul 24, 2017
    Vista, ca
    Oh and I'm going to reshape the head to a tele headstock and stain it like this diy kit tele I put together

Attached Files:

SoulstormTX likes this.

9. Tollehouse Twang

Jul 24, 2017
    Vista, ca
    Haha! I won't invest to much into this guy.. I've got a CV custom and CV thinline I'm working on! I put a fender strat neck on my thinline

SoulstormTX likes this.

10. grim83

grim83 Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2014
    alabamy
    My father in law has a main Street as is main electric. It's a decent guitar but a little funky. It has a thinline body and rosewood board, Gibson style bridge and a humbucker with a tele style neck pickup. Not a bad player but not really my preference although I have thought of find one like yours to have a "matching" guitar.

11. Tollehouse Twang

Jul 24, 2017
    Vista, ca
    That does sound funky! I've decided to turn mine into a HHH with all gold everything. I'll definitely post pics when she's all done!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.