Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Ngd happy early birthday to me

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by grim83, Dec 30, 2017.

1. grim83

grim83 Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2014
    alabamy
    Been missing having a les paul in my life. Even with my epiphone dot and peavey t60 i still didnt have the full "les paul" sound. Went out with the wife to the "local" (ie 40 miles away) shop planning to trade my mustang 3 for something new to play with. I was looking between an epiphone korina v with emgs and a mexi strat when my wife found this little gem. Epiphone les paul standard 1960 v3 reissue. Haggled and haggled and eventually walked out with my newest addition to the herd. Silky smooth neck and lovely squishy action like a les paul should have. The guy said it had 57 classics but the specs say its burstbuckers, dont even care to check as they sound great and have great range. Played a few gibsons next to it but this one was smoking them all. Anywho hngd to me. 20171230_153812.jpg

2. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    Congratulations and Happy Birthday :)

3. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    Happy birthday and happy NGD! I’ve been itching for a Les Paul myself, which is weird for me as I have never really cared for them until recently.

4. grim83

grim83 Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2014
    alabamy
    We're still a month off but the wife made sure i knew this was the gift lol.

El Famoso, AAT65 and tery like this.

5. grim83

grim83 Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2014
    alabamy
    I was in the same boat on the strat, not my bag but if i listen to hendrix or srv too much i usually talk myself into one lol.

Danjabellza likes this.

6. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

7. mnutz

mnutz Tele-Afflicted

Looks great! Is it cherry burst? I had an Epi Les Paul Standard Cherry Burst with a Duncan JB/Jazz set in it. Smokin hot guitar! Probably should have kept that one. Love the cherry burst!

8. grim83

grim83 Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2014
    alabamy
    Usually im not a fan of the epi cherrybursts, as they tend to be too clowny but this one i like. Less red wouldnt have hurt though.

mnutz likes this.

9. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Mar 18, 2010
    Paris France - Rome Italy
    Congrats, very nice score!

10. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    Congratulations and happy birthday.

11. BradL

BradL Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Feb 9, 2009
    Sussex, UK
    Great early birthday prezzie! Happy NGD and New Year to you :)

12. dsutton24

dsutton24 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    A lot of those Epiphones are first class guitars, I love mine. And, you got the pink Dreamsicle lined case. Major score there.

13. grim83

grim83 Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2014
    alabamy
    I usually dont care for the necks on most of the epi les pauls but this thing is a dream. Im fairly certain it has the burst buckers and not 57s like he said (the 1960 tribute has the 57s) and through my fender champion 600 it sounds amazing. Definately not mad about the name on the headstock with this one. The case is nice but unfortunately the previous owners cat liked it as well. 20171230_153603.jpg

Haytheman likes this.

14. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    Really nice.

15. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Tele-Afflicted

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    Ahh the "Pink Panther" case, the v3 60's can be a excellent deal second hand.

I had one briefly in "dark burst" but returned it after scoring a Custom that I liked more and was a even better deal.

I checked the PU's on mine just to be sure they were as advertised and yes,they were BB's.
    You should also have some Mallory caps installed, plus (IIRC) Alpha pots, a Switchcraft toggle...and a COA !

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018

16. grim83

grim83 Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2014
    alabamy
    Its missing the coa and i havent popped it open yet. I seriously doubt this one will be moving on any time soon. Its already pushed my number 1 back in its case.

17. grim83

grim83 Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2014
    alabamy
    Also just found someone selling an elitist with a few pedals and a cube 40xl for $500 local....very tempting but i doubt the cfo (aka the wife) will sign off on another one lol.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.