Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD: Gibson Memphis 2017 ES335 Flamed Tobacco Sunburst Slim Taper

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by fjrabon, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    That is one sweet guitar.

fjrabon likes this.

2. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    Well congrats on this! I've never been a big fan if 335s but this one could sure make me change my mind.

fjrabon likes this.

3. markal

markal Tele-Meister

Mar 24, 2016
    Colorado
    Beautiful. And a great deal. Thanks for the detailed write up.

fjrabon likes this.

4. raysachs

raysachs Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

May 21, 2017
    Near Philly
    Gorgeous guitar - if it plays half as nice as it looks, that’s a lifetime guitar. I love semi-hollow bodies as well. But I really don’t like “a bit of grit under my fingers”, so the Gibson’s and Epis with RW boards didn’t do it for me, despite their other wonderful qualities. So I ended up with an Ibanez with an ebony board and a neck shape that plays exactly how I like. Mine’s ugly though - a fake relic finish that allowed me to get the guitar for half price because evidently everyone else though they were ugly too. But it plays and sounds incredible so I just play it and try it to look at it too much.

Your’s is a winner in every level. Enjoy!

fjrabon likes this.

5. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2009
    St. George, UT
    Daaammmmmnnnnnnn!!!! That is beautiful! Congratulations! And I love, LOVE all the pics! This is how a NGD should be done!

fjrabon likes this.

6. rocking rooster

rocking rooster Tele-Meister

Oct 13, 2011
    Somerset UK
    Congratulations, that's a real peach! I have a cherry ES-335 DOT reissue which is the nicest guitar I own but unfortunately I don't get to play it much these days. After seeing your pics I'm going to pull it out of it's case and give it a sound thrashing for an hour or so.

fjrabon likes this.

7. alathIN

alathIN TDPRI Member

Oct 25, 2017
    Indiana
    Very nice.
    But now you have to change the pickguard on your Thinline because they're not quite a matched pair ;-)

fjrabon likes this.

8. fjrabon

fjrabon Tele-Holic

Dec 22, 2010
    Atlanta
    Ha, I’m actually having creamtone make me a tort guard for the 335. Not totally sure if I’ll use it, but will be cool to try it out. Also making a tort truss rod cover as well.

9. fjrabon

fjrabon Tele-Holic

Dec 22, 2010
    Atlanta
    Came across this video of the Memphis factory detailing their entire build process. That factory really was special. Sad to see it go. Glad I got one of the last ones made there.

10. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Meister

Jun 14, 2017
    Canada
    Beautiful! That pic with the 335 and tele....mouth watering:cool::)

11. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Meister

Jun 14, 2017
    Canada
    Didn't they just sell the building? I thought that the factory is still there, just downsized a bit, but still in the same building.

12. fjrabon

fjrabon Tele-Holic

Dec 22, 2010
    Atlanta
    I think they are moving to an entirely different part of Memphis. Anybody’s guess as to what that means for the process.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.