Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD, Gibson Firebrand The Paul deluxe, 1981.

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by ScottJPatrick, Oct 6, 2018.

1. kookaburra

kookaburra Tele-Afflicted

Nov 11, 2012
    Madison, WI, USA
    Very nice! I remember various models of this generation, think I could get on well with one.

2. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

Sep 20, 2005
    Kansas City
    Nice! If I'm remembering my early 80s Gibson history correctly the "Firebrand Deluxe" kind of replaced the original "The Paul" plus it added the gloss finish. I think the timeline was The Paul/The SG came out in '78, the Firebrands came out as a slightly less expensive version in late '79/early '80, then they revamped the series with the other models in 1981 (and added that solid body 335 S model at about that time).

Also I believe the Deluxe could be had in other finishes - I recall seeing a silverburst 335 S Firebrand Deluxe some time in '81 or '82.

3. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    So many nice guitars here. I had a Firebrand LP years ago that someone had painted red and put Harley Davidson decals on. I took the paint off of it and applied a lot of lemon oil and it looked nice. I love the natural look. The wood does the talking. Great pictures above.

4. sean79

sean79 Poster Extraordinaire

Very nice. I don’t see many of those around.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.