Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD: Gibson 2013 SG Tribute Future

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Jay Jernigan, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Meister

Feb 11, 2013
    10-uh-C
    I actually got this guitar on Monday, so I've had a couple of days to get past the initial excitement. Here's what I think:
    First of all, the setup was near ideal right out of the box and almost in tune,as well. Tried the Min-E tune immediately and it works! I still have to learn how to do all the different tunings, but so far so good.
    I have been GASSING for an SG for slide (time to revisit altered tunings), and at half the street price, especially for a 24 fret, I pulled the trigger. But I digress.
    Try as I might, I can find nothing wrong with this guitar. Kinda plain, maybe, or a stark beauty, I don't know. Great pickups, sweet neck, high reach, Tele style knobs, satin finish, which I like; you decide.
    Have put the robo Tune through its paces and while not perfect, it's quick and easy to get from an E chord to, say, a dobro tuning. I know it's not for everyone, but I like it a lot. YMMV. I will take all this praise back if it decides to cup like a Harmony on Black Diamonds.

2. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Tele-Afflicted

Feb 26, 2017
    Manchester UK
    Pictures!

Nubs likes this.

3. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Meister

Feb 11, 2013
    10-uh-C
    I would love to post some pics; just haven't figured out how. If I knew how to do that fancy stuff, I would have a cool avatar and a slick user name; as it is, I am who I am, but at least I managed to get rid of that question mark.

4. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Tele-Afflicted

Feb 26, 2017
    Manchester UK
    So long as you accept the legal maxim pix or it didn't happen

5. Zepfan

Zepfan Friend of Leo's

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    Just drag and drop the pic into your comment window.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.