Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD: G&L ASAT Deluxe Tribute

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by bigben55, Mar 18, 2017.

1. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

May 19, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    Got it used at a smoking deal. I've wanted one for a while, we'll see if I bond with it. Did a full clean up and set up and it plays great. Very light, easily under 8 lbs, closer to 7. The pickups may just stay, they aren't junk, and split decently with the coil tap tone knob. A pair of all black used Duncan's might wind up in it though. I put a strat volume knob on it, I like to see numbers. I honestly don't think the Tribute series can be beat for the money. 1489893367136.jpg 1489893372081.jpg 1489893379656.jpg

2. Sandhill69

Sandhill69 Tele-Holic

Jun 18, 2016
    Colorado
    Sweet. Congratulations you got a beauty. Deluxe or Deluxe Tribute is high on my GAS list.

3. Pisgah

Pisgah Tele-Meister

Aug 29, 2014
    Gulf Coast
    Nice. I got one and I love it.

4. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2014
    Behind my beard.
    Congrats!

I have a black one which I love!

Happy New Guitar Day!

5. bigben55

bigben55 Friend of Leo's

May 19, 2010
    Cincinnati, OH
    2 piece carved top swamp ash body, thinner than the Bluesboy, and has a belly cut. The fit and finish is good, the Bluesboys is better. 2013 vs 2014 Indonesian QC. It's a cool guitar. Doesn't sound like a Gibson(maybe more SG than Les Paul), still has that tele "snap" to it and most importantly, plays and feels like a tele. I still prefer the traditional bridge, but the Saddle Lock is good. The only "cheap" feeling component is the switch, but it works.

6. Les Paul lover

Les Paul lover TDPRI Member

Aug 20, 2017
    England
    I love that saddle lock bridge. I find it super comfy and well designed. Got it in my ASAT Special Tribute and have been really surprised by its qualities
    The QC on my ASAT Special Tribute was a bit so so on the fret work. I've had to hammer about 8 or 9 frets that weren't fully pressed on the treble side. I was very disappointed with that, but I plays almost perfectly now. I will probably give it a fret level though as it still isn't perfect in my book.

A great shame, I got a killer price on it, meaning sending it back wasn't an option.

savofenno likes this.

7. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

8. SamIV

SamIV Tele-Meister

May 14, 2011
    South Louisiana
    I had one in red and really liked the pickups in it. It is advertised as having a 12" radius but mine cane with a 9 inch radius. I prefer the 12 so I ended up selling it. I did buy a set of these pickups off eBay and installed them in a Godin strat style guitar I have though.

9. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Poster Extraordinaire

That's a nice pair!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.