Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD: FSR Gold Bronze Classic Vibe Custom

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by comebackkid, Oct 11, 2014.

1. TheBoss1983

TheBoss1983 Tele-Meister

Feb 26, 2014
    Mönchengladbach, Germany
    Seems to be a great poor man's Albert Collins Telecaster! I love it...

2. jordans0nly

jordans0nly TDPRI Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Laurens, SC

3. mavman

mavman TDPRI Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Georgia

4. Kenny2378

Kenny2378 NEW MEMBER!

Oct 2, 2016
    Fargo, nd
    I recently picked up one of these and put an unplated nickel cover on

Attached Files:

5. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    I did eventually buy that one of nspeers that I worked on and did the write up on as well. It's been significantly modified since with some new electronics, a treble bleed, a Kent Armstrong P90 in the neck position and a Cavalier Fat Lion in the bridge, then a vintage pearl pickguard, and the neck from a 2006 Nashville Deluxe, my favorite neck profile. It's great rock and blues rock player now.

2015-06-23 15.12.49.jpg

Southpole likes this.

6. ZenGuitarist

ZenGuitarist Tele-Meister

Jul 25, 2016
    Alberta, Canada
    I have one of these too. One day I was in my local Long & McQuade and happened to pick this guitar off of the wall and started playing it. Right away I thought "Wow, this guitar feels great!".

After playing it for a while I drove home but by the time I pulled into the driveway I was suffering a full-on attack of GAS. I went into the house just long enough to grab a guitar case for it and immediately drove back to the store and bought it.

The humbucker is a great match for the bridge pickup and I usually play it with the pickup selector in the middle position. In that position it still has the Tele sound but the humbucker sweetens up the tone in a really appealing way.

Like many others I installed a cover for the humbucker and replaced the tortoiseshell pickguard with something better suited to the colour of the guitar. Right now I have a white pickguard but I find it too bright so I'll be swapping it out for a parchment one that will better match the colour of the binding.

Gold Bronze Tele.jpg

7. toytraintrader

toytraintrader TDPRI Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Prescott, AZ
    I'm still trying to find one of these. I'm US based and no one seems ready to part with one? Anyone out there interested in selling?

8. ZenGuitarist

ZenGuitarist Tele-Meister

Jul 25, 2016
    Alberta, Canada
    soulman969 likes this.

9. soulman969

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Given the current exchange rate I think contacting Long & McQuade about a new one would be your best bet. Looks like you might be paying less now than when they were first introduced.

I'm guessing not all that many were purchased here and those who have modified theirs like I have would be asking far more than you could buy a new one for. That's the route I'd suggest going.

10. 4telecaster4

4telecaster4 Tele-Meister

Oct 26, 2011
    I just got one from there a few weeks back. Something I didn't know till I bought it is that there is no tariff fee on anything up to $800. Purchased from Canada. So you just pay for the guitar and shipping.

soulman969 likes this.

11. toytraintrader

toytraintrader TDPRI Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Prescott, AZ
    Thank you for those suggestions. I have contacted Long & McQuade and they have been slow to respond. It seems a store in Edmondton still has one or two. They did say that any instrument shipped to the US would void the warranty. I thought that a little strange. Maybe things will speed up in the next couple of days?

12. soulman969

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Maybe their ability to provide warranty service but I can't see how it would have any affect on Fender's warranty. US dealers never got that model but there are no restrictions on where a non-US dealer can sell one.

If it's all good out of the box I wouldn't worry to much. I had one pot give me a little trouble so when I replaced the pickups and switch I just replaced the pots too. Overall the Squier CV Series have been relatively trouble free.

Good luck getting yours. :)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.