Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD: FSR Gold Bronze Classic Vibe Custom

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by comebackkid, Oct 11, 2014.

1. comebackkid

comebackkid Tele-Meister

Hey everyone, I just got my new guitar in today. It's the FSR Classic Vibe Custom in Gold Bronze. Neck is awesome (as with all the classic vibe necks I have), bridge pickup is awesome (i'm guessing this is the alnico3 version rather than the alnico5, but that could just be my ears..), neck pickup is meh... lacking low-end; although the high-end is fine!

First, some photos of this beauty! There's nothing gold about it; it would've been better if they'd called it Silver Bronze, that's more accurate. It's mostly a silver colour you see but there's a hint of bronze there, under the right light - very nice and smooth finish tho! (LOVE the double binding!!)

Front:
    [​IMG]

Back:
    [​IMG]

And for all of you wanting to know how it sounds; here's a little video recording I did - mind you; I took it out of the box, tuned it (only 2 strings were a tiny but flat!) and plugged it in. So it can't get any fresher than this! ;-)

2. 68Telebass

68Telebass Tele-Afflicted

Aug 2, 2014
    Northern Arizona
    Sounds great!! I like the finish on that!

3. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 12, 2008
    Houston
    Nice video, that thing has some snap! These CV Customs are so impressive.

4. nspeer

nspeer TDPRI Member

Sep 18, 2014
    Evergreen, CO
    Great sounding guitar and it's really beautiful! Your playing is outstanding! Do you gig around the Netherlands?

5. comebackkid

comebackkid Tele-Meister

Yeah I play in a band called Abbot's Creek (www.abbotscreek.nl); we play covers of Los Lobos songs, a little ccr, some John Hiatt, stuff like that.

6. riolux

riolux Tele-Holic

Apr 18, 2008
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Very nice playing!
    I have one myself, and I don't think the HB is lacking anything in the bottom. Not very used to HB's though.

I just switched to a parchment pickguard and a raw (unplated) nickel pickup cover.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You've got a nice little flaming going on on your neck :D

7. comebackkid

comebackkid Tele-Meister

That looks way better with the new pg & pup cover!

I have mods planned for mine too; a parchment pick guard, Dimarzio Chopper T in the bridge and a Dimarzio Satch Track in the neck. Maybe a different wiring too, but I want to try out the pickup-combo first.

8. gypsyseven

gypsyseven Friend of Leo's

Mar 7, 2009
    Germany
    Wow, congrats! And yes, it looks much better with a white pickguard...

9. nspeer

nspeer TDPRI Member

Sep 18, 2014
    Evergreen, CO
    Riolux,
    she looks great after your mods. Where did you get the parchment pick guard and pup cover?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014

10. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

Oct 2, 2013
    Reno
    These have a great look but I've said earlier that I think the Tort guard is a bit much with all of the rest of the subtlety going on. I'll say matte black might be a good look also but I really like the parchment here as well. Wonder how this one would sound in this application too http://www.wolfetone.com/drvintage.html as I'm really high on the Wolfetone stuff. Since I'm already modding your CVC lets just go ahead and throw a Don Mare Hayride in the bridge http://www.buckcannon.com/telesetsbridges.html . Electrosocket, jack, pots, switch and...

Sorry...got a little carried away. Great sound and very nice clip. You've given us the best insight to this offering so far and you've done a grand job. Thanks...

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014

11. kyussvegas

kyussvegas Tele-Holic

Jul 26, 2014
    Canton, MA
    Nice demonstration - after all that twang early on I was thrilled to hear some Eric Johnson! I've been thinking about a SH Tele a bit down the road. I've done some research on the G&L Bluesboy, and now this CV is definitely in the mix.

12. 4telecaster4

4telecaster4 Tele-Meister

Oct 26, 2011
    Great looker...parchment and nickel cover ...gets my vote...now I have to have one!!!!!

13. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

Oct 2, 2013
    Reno
    I still say that this body color resembles Pewter more than any other in the Fender color palette and maybe a light mint guard would work too...

14. riolux

riolux Tele-Holic

Apr 18, 2008
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks! I got it at axesrus.co.uk. I bought the 49.2 mm cover and you have to press it on the screw heads. I wonder if 50 mm would be a better fit maybe. hey also have these:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The white balance on these last photos are a bit off, it was shot in a dim lit room.

15. comebackkid

comebackkid Tele-Meister

Mine's looking better already..! haha:
    [​IMG]

16. orangeblossom

orangeblossom Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

17. emisilly

emisilly Tele-Afflicted

Jun 24, 2004
    Virginia Beach
    Nice flame on the back of that neck. Congrats on the new guitar!

18. comebackkid

comebackkid Tele-Meister

Thanks everyone for the kind words! I had an alnico3 neck pup from another Squier cv and this will do until I receive the dimarzio's.

19. comebackkid

comebackkid Tele-Meister

Here's a close-up of that lovely flame on the back of the neck:
    [​IMG]

20. capt pearl

capt pearl Tele-Meister

Jul 8, 2003
    This puts me in mind of Don Rich. Nice!

Any ides if these are coming to 'Merica?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.