Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD....For my Son, a metalcore guy

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Urshurak776, Dec 6, 2017.

1. jvin248

jvin248 Friend of Leo's

Apr 18, 2014
    Near Detroit, MI
    You might wire that line6 so can plug in a better cabinet and last longer before the big amp purchase.

Urshurak776 likes this.

2. MrHamburger

MrHamburger Tele-Meister

Jun 24, 2014
    Portlandia
    Randall made some really good solid state amps in the 80s. You can usually find 2x12 combos on Craigslist for under $200. I wish I never sold mine. Well-liked by metal dudes but good for many types of music. All the jacks you could need on the back; fx loop, external cab, headphones & you can bypass the amp and use it as a cab or daisy chain it with other amps. I had the SC model, the onboard chorus sounded killer. (I have always preferred amp chorus over pedals.)
    Should’ve never sold it, I only paid $100 for it & took it for granted.

3-Chord-Genius likes this.

3. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Friend of Leo's

Apr 3, 2015
    Winchester, VA
    Oh yeah, I see a lot of those amps in those bands also.

4. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Friend of Leo's

Apr 3, 2015
    Winchester, VA
    I have heard the Piranha amplifier in demos and in person at a local music store, and it does not sound very good to my ears, even through a larger speaker.

5. Billnchristy

Billnchristy Tele-Meister

Sep 21, 2017
    Georgia
    If you've got a gaming console check out rocksmith. It doesn't replace a teacher but it is cool to learn songs and it will automatically increase difficulty if you are doing well.

6. Urshurak776

Urshurak776 Tele-Meister

Jul 2, 2004
    Charlotte
    We were just talking about this. I definitely plan on checking this out!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.