Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD Fender Telecaster 50s Baja FSR White Blonde Ash (2013)

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by rze99, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Crobbins

Crobbins Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Meiners Oaks CA.
    Nice looking Tele, congrats.

rze99 likes this.

2. MahoganyStratDZ

MahoganyStratDZ Tele-Meister

Mar 5, 2012
    USA
    Nice Tele....white pg looks nice ... Nice grain match ...clean tele. I seen one in person when they came out...they went real quick. The one I played was a light 7 lbs too. One of those that got away....congrats .

rze99 likes this.

3. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Count one more vote for the white guard. Or eggshell if you prefer… I seem to remember one post of yours mentioning it right before I bought one from Callaham?

With white guard and its own maple neck it is a beautiful, beautiful tele. And you say it also plays and sound great… what more do you want? You were on the lookout for a neck and you found a gem at an incredible price!

boris bubbanov likes this.

4. rze99

rze99 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    Ah yes, the eggshell guard is beautiful... but it's a '60s 3 ply guard for a '60's style Tele, so I wouldn't put it with maple, but if you added it to the body and used a rosewood board neck it would start to look like a Pure Vintage '64 I suppose.

5. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

BUT from your pics I thought that the maple neck looked much, much nicer than the rosewood one on this body. So I’d go with a white(ish) guard and leave all else as it is ;)

rze99 likes this.

6. Macrogats

Macrogats Tele-Holic

May 15, 2017
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Very nice man. I love the way that grain subtly shows through the finish. Nice guitar.

rze99 likes this.

7. hamfists

hamfists Tele-Meister

Feb 22, 2015
    ely, cambs, england
    I like the black guard. I like the way it sits with the chrome pickup and bridge plate

rze99 likes this.

8. Owenmoney

Owenmoney Tele-Holic

Oct 20, 2012
    Oley Pa
    That is stunningly beautiful. Please don’t part it out. The Baja 50s are awesome guitars. I have two, they’re my favorite guitars. The MIM upper level guitars are great. The classic series, the Classic Players, the road worns, etc. are really great guitars?

rze99 likes this.

9. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    OMG that is a gorgeous guitar. I'll tell you what to do with it - ship it to me! :D

rze99 likes this.

10. Wrighty

Wrighty Tele-Meister

Aug 17, 2013
    Essex UK
    Am I the only one who prefers the black guard? Just enhances the body color to my eyes.

rze99 and hamfists like this.

11. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 Tele-Holic

Nov 21, 2016
    Rhode Island
    not too many things beat those Mexi FSR's, I've had 2, still have my FSR 72 thinline

Yours is a real beaut!

12. tele_pathic

tele_pathic Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2009
    St. George, UT
    Oh man that is sooooo nice!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.