Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD Fender Telecaster 50s Baja FSR White Blonde Ash (2013)

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by rze99, Apr 14, 2018.

1. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    I was looking for a used Baja maple neck actually for a trans White Blonde ash nitro build project (body spray shots for which I've previously posted). I came across this locally. Collection only with a nice hard shell original Fender case for £450.

I read elsewhere here from user @LPDAN that Fender told him there were only 250 made of these Special Edition in total and 79 shipped to the UK.

Phil, the seller of mine has just bought a Custom Shop 61 SG and needed the cash. I thought, even for the parts, this is worth it. But to the ash grain on the 3 section body pattern under the trans blonde finish is lovely. Couple of tiny invisible dents, no chips anywhere.

The only none-stock parts are the saddles which are Rutters straight compensated brass. Original saddles and all hang tags, etc. are included.

It's well set up and plays and rings out beautifully. Weight is medium say about 7.5 pounds. Just a little wear on the frets mainly under the G string, but it doesn't affect playing so a fret dress can wait a while. Low action with 11s that bend pretty easily, it plays wonderfully.

I don't think I can break this up for parts because I'm quite smitten, but I do need the neck.. hmm not sure what to do yet.
    IMG_6332.JPG IMG_6341.JPG IMG_6345.JPG IMG_6346.JPG IMG_6350.JPG IMG_6356 - Copy.JPG IMG_6357.JPG IMG_6360.JPG IMG_6371.JPG IMG_6384.JPG

2. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
  3. rze99

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    Amazing how completely different it looks mocked up with white guard. Also a rosewood board.

IMG_6389.JPG IMG_6395.JPG

4. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2017
    USA
    Congrats! Looks good as is. There are other necks out there. I'd sooner use the one under my head than defile that beauty.

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

I like the looks of this guitar with an aged white pickguard, and maple neck of course.

Change your address so the guy you bought it from can't find you and try to get it back!

Looks like 2 piece body to me. Very, very nice and extremely well bought indeed! :^)

Owenmoney, hellhound94 and rze99 like this.
  6. jimilee

jimilee Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Dec 19, 2017
    Chattanooga
    Limited run of 250? Why would you ever disassemble it?

rze99, Owenmoney, irie and 2 others like this.
  7. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Tele-Afflicted

Jan 4, 2017
    Wales
    That's lovely... leave it well alone (IMHO, of course!)

8. tce63

tce63 Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Sweden
    Looks great, get another neck to your project

Owenmoney and hellhound94 like this.
  9. hamfists

hamfists Tele-Meister

Feb 22, 2015
    ely, cambs, england
    I have one like this they look and sound awesome I’ll never sell mine, I might mod it but never sell. £450 is a real bargain

Owenmoney and rze99 like this.
  10. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

That is absolutely gorgeous. There is no way you should parts that out. That's a fine guitar.
    I don't need another Tele but I would be hard pressed to walk away from the chance to buy one of those.
    Congrats.

11. rze99

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    Thanks, Boris.

I was convinced it was a two piece body. The bottom edge suggested three. I've just been looking again it could be two.
    It's a beautifully matched grain pattern anyway.

I know some think that MIM stuff is junk, but I've got American Vintage guitars to put it up against and this has been made by people who have cared how well put together it is.

Aside from my Road Worn '50s, this is the best put together MIM I've come across.

I think I won't part it out, but will upgrade the pick guard to Bakelite, get some proper '50s style chromed dome knobs. Shame it is not a lacquer finish, but it is one of the better poly finishes I've seen

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    Owenmoney and hellhound94 like this.
  12. rze99

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    Yeah agreed I didn't need a whole guitar but couldn't turn it away.

boris bubbanov likes this.
  13. Pickcity

Pickcity Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Oct 12, 2017
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Great guitar! Many Baja owners do not realize that these are designs from the custom shop. One of the master builders (can't remember who) designed it and it was offered for a time, from the custom shop before it became a mainstay in the Mexico factory. It is no wonder Baja owners love them. They really are excellent.

Oh, and I would leave it as is.

Obsessed, rze99 and hellhound94 like this.
  14. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Mar 18, 2010
    Paris France - Rome Italy
    There are so many neck out there that you really don't need to disassemble this beauty.
    Leave it as is and enjoy it in good health!

Obsessed likes this.
  15. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Yeah, I think it was CS builder Greg Fessler who got the assignment. But there was nothing actually assembled in Corona called the Baja - except maybe some prototype activity - the important things IMO that Mr. Fessler took with him were the ideas in his mind.

But there was a Classic Player Stratocaster that had once been made at the Fender Custom Shop. I could be mistaken, but that's the only Classic Player model that ever actually got sold out of the Fender Custom Shop prior to this 3 guitar range they conceived to assemble there in Mexico.

16. Lobomov

Lobomov Friend of Leo's

Jul 15, 2013
    Europa
    Lol ... I was just about to write that you should slap a white guard on it and live happily ever after. That is my favorite esthetic. A see through blonde white guard with a maple neck :)

teletimetx and rze99 like this.
  17. dustoff

dustoff Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

May 23, 2005
    Glenview Illinois
    She is beautiful. Leave her alone and play her !

18. rze99

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    :) I was the guy that did the preferred look poll for trans white blonde. White guard won the poll.

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/what’s-your-favourite-look-with-trans-white-blonde-ash.814325/

I personally thought the bright white looked a little too stark. Maybe aged white is better?

19. JayDee

JayDee Tele-Meister

Apr 7, 2009
    Missouri
    Very nice.

rze99 likes this.
  20. Recce

Recce Tele-Afflicted

May 3, 2016
    Northern Alabama
    You could sell it to me to keep from parting it out.

rze99 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.