Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD - Fender 60th Anniversary American 1954 Stratocaster

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by grolan1, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Well my baby came today via the brown truck guys. I have to admit it's a better guitar overall than my 62 Hot Rod Vintage Strat that I had... it was great but this is fantastic.

Notice the rounded pickup covers.. nice.....

Every detail is focused on 1954 and they nailed it! Oh my... and the price I got it for (new) is unbelievable!

20180213_190902.jpg 20180213_190908.jpg 20180213_190937.jpg

2. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

Jun 5, 2015
    Nashville
    I was looking at those when I picked up my AV online but there were no deals to be had like the deal you got! Oh well, the stupid AV is going back anyways.

That guitar looks stellar, congrats!!!

3. Hammerdog

Hammerdog Tele-Meister Ad Free + Supporter

Mar 26, 2016
    Texas
    That's a fine looking Strat. Are the pickups a copy of the 54' also?
    I'd sure like to hear it... Play it like you stole it.. Is the neck 7 1/4" ?

4. Closest you can get to an original. Fantastic guitar.

5. Yep, a new version of 54 pickups based on 3 original guitars they had to copy.

Neck is original as well, very comfortable 7.5 neck.

Hammerdog likes this.

6. charlie chitlin

charlie chitlin Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Mar 17, 2003
    Spring City, Pa

7. Still wondering why MF would sell this guitar to me for $1000??? I've looked and looked for any damage, issues, etc and it is as they stated. A broken tone knob and marks on the back, which I've already buffed out.

Original case with all of the case candy untouched as well. I guess one case latch is sticking a but, but not broken!

Go figure...

8. deytookerjaabs

deytookerjaabs Friend of Leo's

Jun 5, 2015
    Nashville
    I'm still wondering why they did that too!

Reminds me of the Amazon Prime deals from last year...only those weren't honored, hehe.

9. Finally got a chance to really try out the guitar through an amp (69 Fender Vibrolux Reverb). And, not disappointed in the least, really the exact opposite. I was never really happy with my AVRI 62's Hot Rod pickups, these are fantastic. Also the middle pickup doesn't seem to be reverse wound, which really makes it true to the original. Nice work Fender.

Hammerdog likes this.

10. Platefire

Platefire Friend of Leo's

Nov 3, 2003
    North Louisiana around Many
    Nice Ax you got there! How do you like that fat V neck? I've got at 1998 CIJ 50's reissue with maple board, 7 1/4" R and V neck--that's the sweetest neck! Platefire

11. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

12. KCJonez

KCJonez Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Feb 3, 2011
    Toronto
    Love these. Congratulations!!!

13. Well, I love the neck but it's not a V neck.. in 54 the neck was more of a fat D.

Hammerdog likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.