Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD! ES-275

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by PacificChris, Jan 27, 2018.

1. PacificChris

PacificChris Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Northern California
    A few years ago I got an ES-335 like I had many years ago but I never bonded with it. Sounds great, plays great but . . .

Then a couple of weeks ago my friend Don came over with an ES-275 he got at the end of December. Double humbuckers but fully hollow and with the rounded cutout instead of the sharp one like on the ES-175. I played it and liked it a lot.

A few days later it was gnawing at my mind and I saw they were still on sale by CME. So,

IMG_9774.JPG

It's supposed to be a floor model and thus used, but it looks untouched. The pickguard plastic is still on it. There isn't even a smudge. I'm very pleased.

maloburro, Veltek, Ben-Zion and 24 others like this.
  2. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    That looks fantastic!

3. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 3, 2003
    Athens-GREECE
    This must be one of the most beautiful guitars Gibson has ever made!

4. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
  5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
  6. RM8485

RM8485 TDPRI Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Delaware
    Very nice. I've been looking at those myself. Can you give us an idea of its size compared to a 335, and maybe a Les Paul?

7. adjason

adjason Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jan 9, 2010
    virginia
    I've got a 175 but I still gas for one of these, congrats!

8. idjster

idjster VERY grateful member Silver Supporter

Wow! Beautiful - congratulations!

PacificChris likes this.
  9. televillian

televillian Tele-Holic

Oct 3, 2013
    Clarkdale, AZ
  10. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Construction is fully hollow, maple plywood body, same as the 330 and 175. Size is 2" thick and 15" wide. Mine weighs 6.1 lbs. The 335 is 1-3/4" thick, 16" wide, and nearly 2-1/2 lbs heavier due to the large maple center block.

The 275 is probably most similar to the 175, but that guitar's 3-1/2" x 16" body makes it less comfortable to play.

I love both. The 175 is so iconic. When I first saw the 275, I thought "why bother?" Now I'm wondering what took Gibson so long.

20180415_223023.jpg

thesamhill, brookdalebill and BopT like this.
  11. tce63

tce63 Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Sweden
    Congrats

PacificChris likes this.
  12. cabra velha

cabra velha Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Jan 21, 2016
    estados unidos
  13. Lobomov

Lobomov Friend of Leo's

Jul 15, 2013
    Europa
    Congrats .. I don't have much in terms of GAS these days, but the ES-275s do have some pull :D

Enjoy it!!

PacificChris likes this.
  14. RM8485

RM8485 TDPRI Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Delaware
    Thanks, that photo is a big help. . I have seen them in a couple videos, but the angle people play at can make determining the size hard. Of course now I have to decide between the 335 I was originally planning to get and a 275. The dilimas of unlimited desire for guitars and very limited money.

15. tominwa

tominwa Tele-Meister

Sep 15, 2016
    Olympia, Wa
    Beautiful. Just beautiful.

16. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

I've had my eyes on the version with the P 90s. This is the best new model that Gibson has come out with in a very long time! These are really fantastic guitars. Enjoy!!!!!

17. gitold

gitold Friend of Leo's

Mar 25, 2009
    Greeley Co.
    6F556583-76D3-45E1-B194-04E37AE0F73D.jpeg Love mine. The MHS humbuckers are great.

18. noah330

noah330 Friend of Leo's

Feb 10, 2009
    Maryland
    Excellent! Henry J still knows how to knock it out of the park. If only FMIC could make something so inspiring.

19. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's
    I think you’re probably serious about Gibson making great guitars despite all the internet hype. I totally agree. I just picked up a Custom Shop CS-336 brand new for $2k. Yes,that’s a lot of money for me. But what a great guitar and incredible value. I also have two 2008 LP Classics that with new pickups (nothing fancy, I just don’t favor high output pickups that came stock) sound and play outstanding. Gibson gets flack for being “expensive” or bad QC. But I find them to be outstanding value for what they are, and to be excellent quality.

20. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    Beautiful guitar. I didn't know they even made them anymore.
    I've never been much of a fan of the Florentine cutaway either.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.