Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD Epi Premium ES 175 at blow out price!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by GuildX700, Nov 20, 2016.

1. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Friend of Leo's

Oct 9, 2008
    S. CA
    Well that is only one side of things.

Hypothetical:
    If Guitar Center is only returning a net margin of 2.5%-3.5% on a Fender guitar when selling to a consumer, what is Fender's net margin when selling to Guitar Center? I'd be willing to bet it is significantly higher than that.

2. blille

blille Tele-Holic

Fender filed for IPO a few years ago so their 07-12 financials are available.

http://www.nasdaq.com/markets/ipos/filing.ashx?filingid=8089224#D293340DS1_HTM_TX293340_8

Their net margin in 2012 was 2.85% and they had a loss some of the years. It's a rough business.

3. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    I'm still loving mine. Noticed that the tailpiece is mounted very slightly crooked, but so small that it's not an issue in any way other than to the eye on close inspection.

It's a great living room player since I can hear it well, and play along with music, but it's not so loud that it bothers others in the room as much as an electric might.

How's everyone liking theirs?

4. blille

blille Tele-Holic

Loving it. Same reasons as at the beginning: neck feel and tone.

I always use it plugged in but it does have nice volume unplugged.

5. backporchmusic

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    Big thanks to GuildX700 for starting this thread or I never would have gotten one.

televillian and GuildX700 like this.

6. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Dec 30, 2010
    New York City
    One down, two to go. Or one to go if I decide to keep one for myself. I think I may sell all of them and put the proceeds toward a 50s LP Tribute with P90s or something similar.

Best line ever - "I don't purport to flip, I flip." :cool:

7. JakeStone

JakeStone Tele-Meister

Aug 25, 2014
    Charleston SC
    All I can say, It's a great guitar regardless of the price paid. But I would have never owned one if it wasn't on sale and talked about so much. It just wasn't even on my radar!

It's actually quite beautiful ... Plus it plays effortlessly.. I can't seem to put it down!

Tone is nothing like anything else I own...
    It's my blues /rock tone machine!

8. blille

blille Tele-Holic

Same here. I had played it at a GC a couple of years ago when they launched since they were getting good reviews. I really liked it but I couldn't justify buying one.

Really happy about it.

JakeStone likes this.

9. JakeStone

JakeStone Tele-Meister

Aug 25, 2014
    Charleston SC
    FYI - Anyone looking for a case.

I ordered the Epiphone case for my Epi ES-175 Premium. I got it from GC when it was on sale with a coupon for around $85. It says it's for the Emperor .. But I received the 940-EEMCS which is correct case according to Epi website.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone/Emperor-Hardshell-Guitar-Case.gc

This is the model that Epiphone recommends from the spec sheet on their web site.
    At first the case didn't latch perfectly... But after a day with the guitar inside and closed... The case "formed" to the guitar and it now works fine.

Nice case for the money. Interior is soft and plush. Exterior is not the most rugged vinyl. But does the job!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

blille likes this.

10. Chud

Dec 30, 2010
    New York City
    Two down and I have a few tire kickers and biters on the last one. I am 99% sure I am moving this last one on as well, even though you all make an excellent case for keeping one.

11. TNO

TNO Friend of Leo's

Apr 25, 2003
    NC-USA
    I found one at my local GC right before leaving for the holidays but didn't pull the trigger. Checked back on Jan 2 intending to buy and of course it was gone. Was in today and it was back and priced at $400 so I grabbed it. I think someone returned it but the sales guy said it has full warranty. Really blown away by how nice this thing is...

Chud and blille like this.

12. Chud

Dec 30, 2010
    New York City
    Nice deal!

13. jsp737

jsp737 Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

May 25, 2016
    Hood River, OR
    The deal is back on if you missed out previously. The Ebony model is on clearance for $479.

blille likes this.

14. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Tele-Meister

Dec 20, 2014
    Vermont
    I just grabbed one, hope I like the ebony.

jsp737 likes this.

15. backporchmusic

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    I'm still loving mine. Hopefully a few more people can grab a great deal on this.

16. jsp737

May 25, 2016
    Hood River, OR
    If it's anything like my Wine Red one, I think you'll like it. It's a very thin and classy looking matte finish. I'm really digging mine.
    JP

17. jsp737

May 25, 2016
    Hood River, OR
    Sunburst and Ebony are now showing in stock at $480 for anyone interested.

18. backporchmusic

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    Dang. It's such a great deal. I have no need for two of the same jazz box, and no desire to flip them. But man what a great guitar.

19. backporchmusic

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    Under the right light, with my glasses on, I noticed a few very small finish cracks near the tuners, as if the mounting screws were cranked down a bit too hard. Little seam cracks that run from screw hole to screw hole, or away from the corner of the tuner back plate.

But they don't affect playability. lol.

But I thought I'd mention it, see if anyone else has them.

Still a great guitar.

20. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo Tele-Meister

Dec 20, 2014
    Vermont
    Right now, sunburst is showing at $839.95 with an availability date of February 24th. You just gotta love GC...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.