Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD - Edwards Les Paul

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Guitar_Ninja, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Guitar_Ninja

Guitar_Ninja Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Well, I actually got it over four weeks ago, but it took awhile to upload the pics.

An Edwards LP-92CD in black with gold hardware. Bought it from a Japanese shop on eBay at the end of April.

[​IMG]

Seymour Duncan 59 in the neck, and a JB in the bridge.

[​IMG]

GOTOH 18:1 tuners.

[​IMG]

Triple binding on the headstock...

[​IMG]

...and the body.

[​IMG]

Bone nut, bound neck with block inlays.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Long tenon neck.

[​IMG]

ABR-1 Tune-o-matic. I hate the retaining wire on an ABR-1, so I replaced it with a GOTOH ABR-1 which doesn't have one.

[​IMG]

Unique looking witch hat knobs. Much flatter at the base than the ones found on Fender amps and the tele deluxe.

[​IMG]

Black plastic jack plate and standard metric jack. I replaced the plate with a gold GOTOH one and the jack with a gold Switchcraft. I feel it fits the overall look a lot better.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paint shielded cavities with aluminum on the rear of the back plates.

[​IMG]

MIJ pots, neat wiring.

[​IMG]

I absolutely love it. Plays and sounds amazing. Still tweaking things to my liking but overall a great instrument.

2. Beachbum

Beachbum Friend of Leo's

Mar 11, 2009
    Sand Land
    You're killing me. I've got 11 nice guitars and had sworn off this year. But I've got to admit I've had some gas for an Edwards for some time. Thanks for the fine pics.

3. fezz parka

fezz parka ---------------------------

That's beautiful. I've got the witch hat knobs on my '71 Custom.
    [​IMG]

4. redstringuitar

redstringuitar Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 6, 2009
    Wales
    Beautiful guitar and great pics, congrats!!

5. Canuckcaster

Canuckcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 12, 2006
    Calgary, Alberta
    That's a killer looking Les Paul. How do those Seymour Duncans sound? I did the conversion on 92000 yen and it worked out to about $1000CND. Is that in the ballpark(if you don't mind me asking)? Enjoy the new guitar.

CC

6. Guitar_Ninja

Guitar_Ninja Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Cool stuff. Do you know if those knobs were standard on the 70s Customs? I really like them, but I'm not sure I've ever seen them for sale aftermarket.

Not at all. The guitar was around $840, but with shipping it came out to $1015. Couriered from Japan, with all taxes and duties included. At least, I didn't pay anything at the door.

I'm loving the neck pickup. Really smooth and creamy sounding. I'm not such a fan of the JB yet. I still haven't really dialed them in yet though so I'll have to tinker with the heights this weekend. They're both a bit buzzy too. The Keystones in my tele actually seem quieter.

7. fezz parka

fezz parka ---------------------------

They were standard knobs on the Custom in the early 70's.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.