Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD - Double Neck Tele

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by TheOneFatGuy, Oct 11, 2018.

1. TheOneFatGuy

TheOneFatGuy Tele-Afflicted

Jul 28, 2012
    Sheffield
    I have absolutely no self control. A double neck tele/esquire came up for sale locally and I had to have it. Both necks are six string - tuned a half step down with the top neck in Nashville tuning. Haven't played it a whole bunch, just enough to check it works, but I've cleared my diary to just mess around with it.

The guy I bought it from said he had it custom built by a store called Galilee Instruments but I can find nothing about these guys. Either way, build quality is pretty solid, previous owner says he's upgraded to brass saddles. I’m loving the Nashville tuning, only downside is that it’s so heavy.

Here’s a couple of pics, one next to my regular Tele and one from the ad (which is much higher quality).

IMG_3230.JPG IMG_3224.JPG

shupe13, AAT65, Chunkocaster and 5 others like this.

2. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2014
    WellingtonNZ
    Wow. Never seen a double neck Tele before. You need a double neck Strat next.

TheOneFatGuy likes this.

3. Lord_Ingipz

Lord_Ingipz Tele-Meister

May 13, 2015
    Cicero, IL
    You're the guy that posted this to r/guitar. Love this wacky looking thing. Does it have twang for days?

TheOneFatGuy likes this.

4. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

5. TheOneFatGuy

Jul 28, 2012
    Sheffield
    Funnily enough, one came up for sale locally today for a similar price, the top neck being a 12 string. I'm not enamoured but we'll see where we end up with that.

I am that guy! The twang is there but the pickups are pretty weak in my opinion so if I don't fall out of love with it in the next couple months I might have a look at the monster wiring and putting some good pickups in.

Southpole likes this.

6. jimmyv723

jimmyv723 Tele-Meister

Dec 28, 2017
    Western New York
    Congrats, very cool. I hope you realize though that you have now started down a path that you must see through to the end...

[​IMG]

shupe13, AAT65, Chunkocaster and 3 others like this.

7. netgear69

netgear69 Tele-Afflicted

Dec 21, 2012
    england
    That is crazy

8. TheOneFatGuy

Jul 28, 2012
    Sheffield
    I saw a video of this a while back and it blew my mind - if I came across something like this I'd snap it up (even if I'd never feasibly be able to play it)

9. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Holic

Apr 10, 2014
    WellingtonNZ
    Try finding a hard case for that one.

10. Jsil13

Jsil13 Tele-Holic

Feb 14, 2017
    Boston, MA
    Probably has twang for two days.

AAT65, TheOneFatGuy and Lord_Ingipz like this.

11. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

Oct 21, 2014
    Florida
    Nice. I like how the bottom one is technically an Esquire. How do you switch from one to the other? Push-pull pot? Very cool find. When you get more comfortable with it, we'd love to see a video demo of it. Post it here! Enjoy!

TheOneFatGuy likes this.

12. Jsil13

Jsil13 Tele-Holic

Feb 14, 2017
    Boston, MA
    This one just came into the shop for some repairs. I guess a kid made this in school for a project trying to clone the one Slash used back in the day. Came out pretty great.
    IMG_3566.JPG

13. TheOneFatGuy

Jul 28, 2012
    Sheffield
    So it’s a five way switch - position five is just the esquire, position four is both necks, and positions one through three are standard Tele switching for the top neck

El Tele Lobo likes this.

14. bettyseldest

bettyseldest Tele-Afflicted

Nov 13, 2011
    UK
    About 15 years ago I played at a friends party (in Ossett not too far from @TheOneFatGuy, must be a Yorkshire thing) where a guy brought along a couple of guitars which had belonged Richie Sambora. He had the double and triple neck Ovations. The flight case for the triple neck was the size of a small upright piano. I played both, cannot say I enjoyed the experience, but the Tele/esquire could be interesting.

Chunkocaster likes this.

15. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Tele-Holic

Aug 10, 2018
    In space with Ziggy
    I'm not really into double necked guits but that conjoined tele looks playable and cool.

El Tele Lobo likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.