Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD Dano

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by Strato50, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Holic

Mar 30, 2017
    Port Arthur TX
    Picked up this sweetie...1st edition reissue...I had one back in the late 90s....they play and sound really fine.

Attached Files:

mimmo, Trow, bgmacaw and 7 others like this.

2. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    Cool - I love that color ... Congratulations

Strato50 likes this.

3. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2017
    USA
    Radical! Congrats!l and enjoy

4. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

May 24, 2010
    Scotland
    Great guitars.....and a crazy bargain, on the used market!

5. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Friend of Leo's

Mar 29, 2007
    Manassas Park, VA
    I've had that exact guitar ( same color ' Blue Suede') since the RI came out in the mid '90's .
    I got mine because it was cheap, looked cool, etc..
    You always hear of Danos as being cool specialty parts or slide guitars, BUT I never knew how much of a complete player this guitar would turn into over the years.
    It is so comfy, the frets/fretboard, neck, 25" scale length make for a really fast player and bender.
    As for tone, it can twang like a Tele, do a ' clean Dickey Betts' sound with both pickups on and if you have just a little OD and use the neck pickup, it will do swing blues as good as a big fat Gibson archtop
    ( Cool T-bone Walker tone: put on neck PU only but pick OVER the bridge PU)
    SORRY! I really know and love my Dano!

Flaneur likes this.

6. rodocz

rodocz TDPRI Member

Jul 21, 2017
    US
    Sweet......always cool.

Stubee likes this.

7. VintageSG

VintageSG Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Huddersfield, UK
    Cool looking beastie!.
    The late 90's reissues are something special. Fine sounding, and such a wide range of sounds available too. Upper fret access is a little compromised at times, but all is forgiven elsewhere.
    Great to play, capable of confounding tonewood twonks and so light!. I have the '59DC from the same era and would never consider trading it.

8. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Holic

Mar 30, 2017
    Port Arthur TX
    Picked it up yesterday...smooth easy transaction. Guy was cool and even gave me a set of strings....its damn near mint..no fret wear or dings..chips...but it did have bridge sag bad. It was playable but low E and high E were up more than I like...so I took the stock bridge off and straightened it out...tiny bit of glue got rid of the bridge rattle...play great and man those Korean Pickups sound as good as my 62...love this little guitar... so many cool tones to gig with...I have looked at these bridges and think I will order one...has anyone tried these out?

https://reverb.com/item/3971189-upg...e-for-danelectro-guitars-eliminate-bridge-sag

Zepfan likes this.

9. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Apr 2, 2014
    Phoenix, AZ
    Congrats, nice guitar! I had the same late 90s U2 but in Beatnik Burgundy. Why I sold it, I have no idea.

I also bought a Zamm—it’s an improvement without ditching the ‘right’ Dano formula. The rosewood saddle took some time to dial in. The bridge came ‘relicted’ even though I didn’t ask for it. Long term, I think it will still need a support under it to keep from collapsing but not for at least a couple decades :)

10. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Holic

Mar 30, 2017
    Port Arthur TX
    I had one to when they first came out.. a surf green one..I used it on a CD with Lazy Lester and Uncle John Turner..we got some funky tones out it....I am really liking having another one.

BorderRadio likes this.

11. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Mar 18, 2010
    Paris France - Rome Italy

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.