NGD Classic Series ‘50s Lacquer

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Route67, Mar 13, 2019 at 12:46 AM.

1. Route67

Route67 Tele-Meister

FC56DF9C-E2C4-48F9-A430-DE20806700BD.png Fender Classic Series ‘50s Telecaster Lacquer. Really like the neck and finish on this guitar. Pickups are lower wind vintage inspired w/ clear string and note separation. Still, the neck is not a deep U or quite vintage correct 1 5/8 - 9/16” narrow nut width, but the 7.25 radius feels great. Very well set-up from the factory. 7.25 lbs approx and it feels balanced.

2. Kreepy

Kreepy Tele-Meister

I love the white guard look.

Route67 likes this.
  3. Route67

Route67 Tele-Meister

For fans of the whiteguard, here’s a 2018 Road Worn dressed up w/ white pickguard for the photo opportunity:
    D524DB5E-BA50-4C10-9EC3-E5D086C7A39B.jpeg
    Same neck as the Classic Series but only the body and headstock is nitro on this one.

4. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Congrats!

Route67 likes this.
  5. jrblue

jrblue Tele-Holic

Nice guitar! What a classic look! I'm not a fan of the 7.25 radius, though I can play it fine, but some love it and I'm glad you do. If your photo got the color right, well -- that's absolutely my favorite Fender color. And low-wind pickups are fantastic. I find that there are way better ways to goose your signal -- if you even want to do so -- than having it start out hot at the pickup! Enjoy that great guitar!

Route67 likes this.
  6. JackL

JackL Tele-Meister

Great pic! I've been looking at these online for awhile now. I like the White Blond finish on these. My next guitar when I can afford one.

Route67 likes this.
  7. Lonn

Lonn Friend of Leo's

Clean! Get it dirty.

Route67 likes this.
  8. Wild Willy

Wild Willy TDPRI Member

Your guitar is beautiful. I would have bought one of those instead of the road worn. But they only had a sunburst. The neck looked way to dark. It was orange my wife even commented on it. I just couldn’t do it. I can’t imagine what that guitar will look like down the road. Anyway I’m rambling congratulations on that beautiful telecaster!

Route67 likes this.
  9. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

Happy NGD!!! That's a lovely tele!

Route67 likes this.
  10. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

Hngd!

Route67 likes this.
  11. grolan1

grolan1 Friend of Leo's

Somewhere in the middle of the flippin country
    Looks super sweet to me! Congrats

Route67 likes this.
  12. Wild Willy

Wild Willy TDPRI Member

Did yours come with a hard shell case?Fender site says yeah, but the music store wanted to charge for it. They also want to charge for Gibson studios cases as well. Has anyone else heard of this?

13. Wild Willy

Wild Willy TDPRI Member

Have checked to make sure the whole neck wasn’t sprayed with nito? Mines a 2018 and it’s neck is a nitro. Very thin below the headstock but it is. I took some acetone and removed some down the back side. Then took steel wool to it. Then I polished it smooth. Now it’s slick as snot. Ask the dealer about it and he told me some have been showing up that way. Mine has very little relic treatment as well. I’ve seen the full paint Brad Pasily model as well. But it was more than my guitar so I passed. Plus I’m not a fan of silver sparkles.

14. Route67

Route67 Tele-Meister

Yes, it came with a hardshell tweed case, orange plush interior, two pockets, I think made in Vietnam. The Road Worn didn’t, apparently comes with a gig bag but I have no use for those, so I purchased a hardshell case for it. In my opinion, a guitar without a real case included is almost ‘homeless’.

15. Route67

Route67 Tele-Meister

Interesting; my Road Worn has lacquer checking on the headstock but along the neck I had to file sharp fret ends and the finish on it as per the Fender website indicates matte poly and it feels like it. The Classic Series has nitrocellulose on the whole guitar and is well cured; the neck isn’t sticky but I like when that softer finish gets worn in, it feels comfortable.

16. Route67

Route67 Tele-Meister

Thanks, I have been perusing the selection of telecasters at my local retailers and needless to say, the good ones sell quickly. This one had just been put out for display. As soon as I spotted the vintage tint neck, new in the crowd, it was only a matter of sighting down the fretboard, then straight to the checkout counter.

17. Crobbins

Crobbins Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Congrats.

Route67 likes this.
  18. esetter

esetter Friend of Leo's

HNGD! That’s a nice one!

Route67 likes this.
  19. Wild Willy

Wild Willy TDPRI Member

It’s the same way here. If you’re not there when they come in your to late. I did the exact same thing you did when I got mine. Your guitar looks amazing. I’m seriously thinking about get a classic like yours. Your neck looks great. Plus I love the vintage tone as well.

Route67 likes this.
  20. Route67

Route67 Tele-Meister

I hear you. The Road Worn has outstanding pickups, a hotter wind and as I mentioned in your NGD thread, the neck pickup has ‘weight’ to it, it’s seriously good. I haven’t opened up the CS but I’ve read the pickups in it don’t have base plates which I think gives it an extremely clean, clear tone which works well with my Fender Pro Junior IV amp. But if I could combine the strengths of each into one guitar it would be the pickups of the RW into the CS because the neck on my RW is a little too heavily rolled on the edges exposing the fret ends a little much for my liking. The Road Worn is still a great guitar though, and if I had to choose between them stock, it would be the RW for the Tex-Mex pickups by a slim margin.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.