Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD - catchup!

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by whoanelly15, Dec 5, 2017.

1. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 TDPRI Member

Aug 30, 2017
    USA
    Like many, I lurked here for a long time before finding the guitar for me. Never had a proper NGD. Got the gang all together for some family photos and wanted to share.
    Played that Taylor Acoustic for 7-8 years before I got my first electric guitar - my 64RI Tele.
    It’s getting creamier at 2 years old and has its share of nicks now, but I just love how much of the wood grain it shows, which is almost a blue hue in person. Stunning guitar to look at. Love playing it more.

That brings us to the new one...59 Thin Skin strat. Got an unbelievable deal through Dave’s Guitar Shop and the thing is just so sweet.
    2 days old and so much fun playing already. Feel like I found the yin to my Tele’s yang. We’ve got a good thing going and both are just magic to me.

I’m a former drummer turned guitarist. Self-taught after I inherited an old piece of junk acoustic someone left in a junkier car... I guess around age 19. 15ish years in now and everything I touch still seems so easy to play by comparison. Never thought I’d have guitars this nice. Anyways, back to practicing. Thanks for letting me share.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2017

2. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 TDPRI Member

Aug 30, 2017
    USA
    CV Jee Beez and BassmanM like this.

3. ozzeng

ozzeng Tele-Meister

Jun 12, 2009
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Great guitars! Play them in good health!

4. Mississippi_Kid

Mississippi_Kid Tele-Meister

Aug 5, 2016
    Hinterlands, USA

5. BassmanM

BassmanM TDPRI Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Germany
    As much as I love a maple board, that rosewood in combination with the see-through creamy white body on the 64 makes me want one too! :):cool:

6. ukepicker

ukepicker Tele-Holic

Oct 15, 2013
    East Texas
    Good lookin' family!

7. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 Tele-Meister

Jun 14, 2017
    Canada
    That Tele is a thing to behold. Love the white body/rosewood fretboard combo. Beautiful!

8. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

9. esetter

esetter Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Sep 1, 2011
    MI
    Love that strat! HNGD!

10. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 TDPRI Member

Aug 30, 2017
    USA
    Thanks, folks. Always enjoy sharing in others’ NGD. Fun to show you mine. Now that I have a blonde tele and a sunburst strat, I probably won’t have another for a while, if ever.

Of course, there will always be SG’s and Les Pauls and 335’s out there.

I’ve even heard there are other teles and strats out there. Is there some kind of rule or law about having more than one?

11. BassmanM

BassmanM TDPRI Member

Nov 22, 2012
    Germany
    Indeed, there is. You need:

- 1 with single coils, vintage style with 3-saddle bridge and maple board
    - 1 with single coils, vintage style with 3-saddle bridge and rosewood board
    - At least 1 with single coils, modern style with 6-saddle bridge and belly cut
    - 1 with humbuckers
    - 1 with a bridge single coil and a neck humbucker
    - 1 Nashville style with a strat pickup in middle position
    - 1 Esquire
    - At least another one
    TOTAL: At least 8! :D:p;)

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    hdvades and whoanelly15 like this.

12. The Ballzz

The Ballzz Tele-Afflicted

Apr 11, 2016
    Las Vegas, NV
    I see a properly floated tremolo on that Strat. Good on you! And that Tele is a "STELLARCASTER" for sure! I'll forgive ya fer bein' a "drummer" given that you've seen the light! :p
    Enjoy The Journey,
    Gene

whoanelly15 likes this.

13. sonny wolf

sonny wolf Friend of Leo's

Jun 16, 2009
    austin texas
    Very nice....all you need is a Gibson Les Paul or an SG for humbucker flavours and you are set!!

whoanelly15 likes this.

14. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 TDPRI Member

Aug 30, 2017
    USA
    Thanks again, gang. I guess when my Christmas single blows up and I make a bunch of money that I can get back to building my repertoire. For now, I'm happy as heck with these guitars.

Now the real fun of getting to know the new one begins! CHEERS!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.