Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD - at last! LPB AVRI 64

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by spenno, Sep 1, 2017.

1. spenno

spenno TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2009
    England
    Thanks - seen a few tips about screwing into the horizontal... what does that mean sorry? :/

2. esetter

esetter Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Sep 1, 2011
    MI
    That’s a great find! HNGD!

3. connuchar

connuchar Tele-Meister

May 30, 2006
    phx az
    eye have one lpb also , meyene feels really light [ don't have a way to weigh it ] plays great sounds great [ really like the grey bottom pickups ] and the case is the best color of all the cases.

4. Frenchie63

Frenchie63 TDPRI Member

Jan 28, 2017
    North Wales
    I agree, I've got Glendale Groovy 60s on mine, as well as the electro-socket. We obviously think alike.

IMG_20171014_1432133_rewind.jpg

5. Frenchie63

Frenchie63 TDPRI Member

Jan 28, 2017
    North Wales
    As in the photo I attached. If need be Switchcraft do a jack with a longer thread that goes into an electro-socket and allows for angled leads, which is what I've got. You will need the imperial sized electro-socket which has a satin look to it. The Chrome one is metric which I have found out to my cost!.

spenno likes this.

6. spenno

spenno TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2009
    England
    Well someone earlier in the thread mentioned that they heard (from Fender) that approx 500 of the LPB 64 are in existence. I think we should keep this thread alive until we’ve accounted for all of them!

Frenchie63 likes this.

7. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Apr 10, 2015
    Italy and Switzerland
    Belatedly: it’s a wonderful Fender guitar – you know, one of the top 3-4 telecasters in my personal list – everything is right: color, play, sounds… all the 64s I’ve tried were absolutely fantastic.

Well, there’s one for sale not far from where I live. I am resisting: I don’t have the money or need for another tele right now, and the “60s tele” spot in my stable is occupied by a much-loved Baja60 (I know that if I bought the 64, one of the two would eventually have to go). But it’s there – and it’s the only one I’ve seen around so far – and your NGD is fanning up GAS again in my poor weak heart dammit.

May I give you a tiny piece of (counter-)advice? Don’t over-tinker with it. Electrosocket? Yes: IF and when the stock one starts giving you problems. Loose switch tip? A bit of masking tape on the tip of the switchblade is a less drastic way of fixing it: tip will stop coming off by itself, it will come off if you pull it with your hands, and the tape will go without leaving a sign when you want to. As it is now, the guitar is such a beauty that yes, I’d shell out the 12£ for a Pure Vintage part and make a mental note not to super-glue anything on that guitar. Then I’d stop tinkering for awhile and I’d start just playing it :p

8. spenno

spenno TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2009
    England
    Still loving playing this guitar, but I have noticed it going out of tune quite easily. I stretch the strings nicely and still a few weeks later it’s going out slightly whilst playing. Are the machine heads likely to be slipping? Are they a popular upgrade people do on the 64? I’ve never had much of a tuning problem with other guitars in two decades so pretty sure I’m putting them on ok by now...

9. Rufustelestrats

Rufustelestrats Tele-Meister

In my opinion, if you follow the instructions and tuck the string down in the shaft, have sufficient number or wraps around the poll, then it comes down to the strings you utilize.
    I am of the change them often if you play often school. Just me, but I prefer strings that feel fresh.
    R

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.