Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD - at last! LPB AVRI 64

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by spenno, Sep 1, 2017.

1. heffus

heffus Tele-Meister

Apr 20, 2014
    cHICAGO
    Doesn't get much better than that.

2. rze99

rze99 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    < Snap! Congratulations, indeed. You have just scored the top of the Fender pile in my book.

These seem rare indeed in the UK. I refuse to buy new and I ended up lucking out after a lot of searching and waiting to get my beauty which was a Fender ex-demonstrator so well set up and played in with some natural light relicing! It's just possible these will rise in value over the next 10 years or so. Mine is a 2012.

I asked Fender questions about this model. Here were the responses:

For how long was it made in that colour?
    We did that color from 09/2012 - 05/2013.

How many were made in that colour?
    We did right around 500 of them in that color

How many were sent to the UK?
    Unfortunately, I do not have an efficient way to look this up.

3. Crobbins

Crobbins Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Meiners Oaks CA.
    Very cool, congrats.

4. connuchar

connuchar Tele-Meister

May 30, 2006
    phx az
    hello spenno, eye have one just like yours. eye have'nt weighed meyene ,but it feels light compared to meye other teles . great guitar ,eye even use the vintage strap. and the case is one of the best looking. sounds great ,fells great is great , eye think hew will love it.

spenno likes this.

5. RifleSlinger

RifleSlinger Tele-Meister

Mar 12, 2016
    Washington
    The Ruttetscup is both functional and attractive. Right angle cables and all.

BorderRadio and spenno like this.

6. spenno

spenno TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2009
    England
    Very helpful info, thanks! I've seen three for sale in the UK in my search. 500 eh? A rare breed then!

7. Controller

Controller Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jun 11, 2010
    Montana
    I see you are in England, you must have some amazing shops. I go to guitar shops whenever I am in a city and I have never even seen an AVRI 52, 58 or Pro, much less the 64. I did play a previous version of the AVRI 52 after a few years of looking but these upper crust Teles are rare from my experience. And the fact that you got an LPB is doubly amazing!

spenno likes this.

8. spenno

spenno TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2009
    England
    You'd be lucky to find all of the models I mentioned in stock at any one time at the same store, but I'd expect any store worth their salt to have at least 2-3. I found it so much easier being able to switch between them within a few seconds to gauge the differences. If I'm honest, the biggest difference I heard between any of those models was whenever I switched to an AVRI 52: I immediately picked up on how meatier it sounded in the low end (which I loved) but also how much brittler in the top end, which was the only concern I had about the 52.

9. spenno

spenno TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2009
    England
    Not having much luck with the Rutterscup, there doesn't seem a way of ordering one through their site. Anyone got one recently?

10. spenno

spenno TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2009
    England
    Got round to putting straplocks on today and also a dab of superglue inside the switch as it was coming off whenever I changed pickup. Then I thought... how will I remove the plate or socket if required? I tried to pull it off right away but it was stuck fast. Literally a drop of glue lol

11. E5RSY

E5RSY Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 5, 2009
    Georgetown, TX
    As long as you don't need to remove the switch, itself, from the plate you haven't limited your ability, at all, to remove the plate and service the electronics.

spenno likes this.

12. Rufustelestrats

Rufustelestrats Tele-Meister

you can always just cut it off with an xacto blade, then get a new tophat.
    R

13. caliban335

caliban335 Tele-Afflicted

May 4, 2007
    Cleveland, Ohio
    LPB with a rosewood board is one of my favorite Tele combinations. Well done.

sdd28772 likes this.

14. letangclan

letangclan NEW MEMBER!

Sep 25, 2015
    East Coast
    Sweet looking tele...enjoy!

15. sdd28772

sdd28772 Tele-Meister

Apr 13, 2009
    Queensland
    My fav combo. Looks to good to play.

16. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Friend of Leo's

Feb 12, 2010
    Jacksonville
    I can't say it enough, the AV64 is one fantastic guitar. There is really little reason to buy a Custom Shop or a boutique builder guitar with these available.
    The LBP is simply stunning.

spenno and rze99 like this.

17. spenno

spenno TDPRI Member

Sep 23, 2009
    England
    I got the top hat tip off with some pliers. The tip survived, albeit gashed somewhat. So, a £13 Fender replacement tip or £2 err, generic Oak one? The vain part of me wants to keep her as intended but that's steep for a tiny piece of plastic...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017

18. Rufustelestrats

Rufustelestrats Tele-Meister

Ok I will see your tele and raise you a strat.
    NGD from over at strat talk.
    IMG_7380.JPG

Gabrielle84, shupe13 and spenno like this.

19. Frenchie63

Frenchie63 TDPRI Member

Jan 28, 2017
    North Wales
    Luvvly bubbly. I love LPB with a Rosewood board.

I've put an electro-socket in mine. One suggestion though put the screws in on the horizontal, you get more wood to screw into. IMG_20171014_1430523_rewind.jpg

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    shupe13 and spenno like this.

20. Clifton C

Clifton C Tele-Holic

Aug 26, 2010
    Houston
    Great guitar!

I always put in an ElectroSocket and compensated saddles on my new Telecasters. I wish Fender still offered Lake Placid Blue for the '64. It's one of my favorite colors they do.

spenno likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.