Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD - a Les Paul steal from GC!

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by -Hawk-, Aug 6, 2017.

1. joebloggs13

joebloggs13 TDPRI Member

Jun 14, 2017
    Canada
    Great guitar! I managed to get my hands on a 2016 Studio Faded, one of the best years for the Studios in quite some time.Your gold top looks fantastic. Congrats!

-Hawk- likes this.

2. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Tele-Afflicted

Oct 14, 2015
    IL, USA
    Good to know! Not that I'm terribly concerned long term, but I did wonder. Good point on the finish not being a fingerprint magnet. I'm usually pretty gentle on guitars, so I should be good to go.

On a side note, I called GC yesterday because I was really curious about the strings. They have colored ends and are definitely not 9's (based on tension and tender fingers). Main reason for calling was because it sounds so good I don't want to change anything when I eventually restring it. My luck, he says they usually restring (if they need to) with NYXL's. Need to start looking for some sales, because those things aren't cheap.

3. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Tele-Holic

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    Picked this up last night at a GC Grand opening, when they do a new store they pull in price drops from other locations to create the "Used Wall". I knew the sales guy from another store, & he matched the cheapest one they had on line.. 2002 Faded Ebony, plays like butter.. LP Black.jpg

Zepfan likes this.

4. markjames

markjames TDPRI Member

Mar 27, 2017
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Beautiful...!......
    The Gold Top Looks Ace!

I have a 2016 Plaintop Classic in Ice Tea Burst..... Looks Beautiful

5. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx

6. TigerG

TigerG Tele-Holic

Aug 14, 2015
    Nashville
    I like it so much, when I just went to Like the opening post I saw that I had already liked it.

7. KellyCaster71

KellyCaster71 Tele-Meister

Mar 29, 2011
    Humble, Texas
    Congrats. I really like gold tops. I picked up a Bonamassa studio about 6 years ago with the gold top and black back. Really love that thing. I went with 11's and with the shorter scale, it feels like having 10's on a Tele.

8. bacongrease

bacongrease Tele-Meister

Mar 27, 2013
    That **** is tight!

9. tomas83

tomas83 Tele-Holic

Looks great, congratulations! Enjoy the honeymoon stage ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.