Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD - `55 Whiteguard

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by MichaelAa, Dec 28, 2013.

1. MichaelAa

MichaelAa Tele-Holic

Jun 9, 2012
    Norway
    Cool Twang junkie, I guess we both have good taste in guitars ;-)

Post a pic of yours!

2. twangplank

twangplank Tele-Afflicted

May 29, 2010
    Valliant Okla
    Most of the time you see a guy with great old gear like that and the gear surpasses the player but I'm happy to see you're a great match to that guitar! Very soulful playing indeed. It's like you're made for that guitar or visa versa. Either way great tone and wonderful playing

3. twang junkie

twang junkie Tele-Meister

Nov 14, 2013
    london

Will do as soon as I can, sadly my Esquire has been re-finished and not to a standard I'm happy with, just trying to find the right person to put that right.

The LP junior is stock though, they are a great second guitar for a tele player they have that same bite

4. MichaelAa

MichaelAa Tele-Holic

Jun 9, 2012
    Norway

5. twang junkie

Nov 14, 2013
    london
    Hi MichaelAa I have been looking at Joseph kaye and their work seems excellent, I have no contact details of Clive Brown who was my original preference and though I have put a request for his details on this page before I didn't get any response, he seems to be an enigma.

I'll photograph the two guitars and post them. Do you have any more gems in your collection?

6. MichaelAa

MichaelAa Tele-Holic

Jun 9, 2012
    Norway
    Cool, looking forward to it!

Btw, sent you a pm ;)

7. Kyluckyman

Kyluckyman Tele-Holic

Feb 9, 2010
    Western Kentucky
    The worn look of the neck, the great refinish job and the superb tone of the pickups combined with your playing is really heartwarming! I have not heard a finer guitar.

Have you named it?

8. MichaelAa

MichaelAa Tele-Holic

Jun 9, 2012
    Norway
    Thank you so much :)

9. MichaelAa

MichaelAa Tele-Holic

Jun 9, 2012
    Norway
    Really appreciate your kind words, thanks a lot :)

No, I haven`t actually, any suggestions? Maybe I gotta name it "Abigail", after the tune from my last album.

10. twang junkie

Nov 14, 2013
    london
    OK Michael finally took a picture so here are my 57 Esquire and 55 LP junior. [​IMG]

11. MichaelAa

MichaelAa Tele-Holic

Jun 9, 2012
    Norway
    Thanks for sharing M!

That JR looks really clean? And I think the Esquire looks great on this pic!
    And that amp, killer!!

12. twang junkie

Nov 14, 2013
    london
    Hi Michael, the Jr is clean, there is a small crack in the pickup casing and a bit of checking here and there but nothing too drastic. The problem with the finish on the Esquire for me is the relic work is a bit overdone, the finish on the fingerboard is original and the board is in good shape so the relic work is a bit much and doesn't sit that well with the neck, also the colour is a bit buttermilk, more like a 60s colour than the whiter blonde of the mid 50s.

Maybe I'm being too fussy. The Esquire through that little 56 Princeton is my favourite sound in the world, they were made to be together

13. gmann

gmann Friend of Leo's

May 7, 2008
    Okinawa, Japan
    Very cool, congrats to you!

14. MichaelAa

MichaelAa Tele-Holic

Jun 9, 2012
    Norway
    I understand what you mean. But I`ve seen pictures of whiteguards in different shades of white, but I agree; I also like the more "white" ones.

I really miss a 50s tweed in my collection!

15. MichaelAa

MichaelAa Tele-Holic

Jun 9, 2012
    Norway
    Just recorded another clip, only the bridge pickup this time!

16. twang junkie

Nov 14, 2013
    london
    Tasteful playing Michael, my Esquire is now booked in with Mr Brown thanks to you, I'm very excited to see what the result in a few months will me.
    Many thanks again

17. Telemarkman

Telemarkman Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 6, 2005
    Norway
    That is a sound that I think is impossible to replicate on any other guitar than a Telecaster!

Awesome sound and playing!:cool:

18. MichaelAa

MichaelAa Tele-Holic

Jun 9, 2012
    Norway
    That`s great news Twang Junkie, glad I could help. Can`t wait to see it. You know when you`ll get it back?

Thanks a lot telemarkman. Yeah, I completely agree. Something special with these old bridge pups, they`re almost in a kinda p90-land sometimes.

19. twang junkie

Nov 14, 2013
    london
    He can't start it till October then it takes 4 months I'll post a pic when it's done, thanks again

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.