Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD: 50's Baja

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by lerxst_x, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Controller

Controller Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jun 11, 2010
    Montana
    Congrats! Yours looks like a desert sand, I like that color.

Wish they had the Baja 50s in the blue like the Baja 60s. Maybe time for a body swap!

jgmouton and lerxst_x like this.

2. GK34

GK34 Tele-Meister

Dec 20, 2010
    Pearland, TX
    Congrats! Big Baja fan here. I am sure you will enjoy it.

lerxst_x likes this.

3. gimmeatele

gimmeatele Tele-Meister

Jun 5, 2014
    leicester uk
    Lovely guitar, just got myself a 60's, so have one of each. Love them.

RadioFM74 and lerxst_x like this.

4. Cazualwhiteguy

Cazualwhiteguy TDPRI Member

Feb 21, 2017
    Minneapolis, MN
    Definitely blonde on that one, you can see the ash grain. Desert sand is opaque.

lerxst_x likes this.

5. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Apr 10, 2015
    Italy and Switzerland
    Congrats! And should intonation EVER become an issue (it did for me) how easy… Compensated saddles. For a few bucks and the turn of three (3) screws, you keep your vintage bridge and get spot-on intonation.
    (OK, I just did it on my Baja 60s and am very proud o’ my unbelievable skills as guitar TECH-o, that’s why I am pestering everyone with this total platitude… ).

Whatever! Enjoy your blond geetar!

lerxst_x likes this.

6. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 26, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Very nice -well done. I just sold my blonde Baja cos it was too heavy. I have a lighter, sunburst one but I'd love another blonde one day. Enjoy

lerxst_x likes this.

7. Milspec

Milspec Tele-Afflicted

Feb 15, 2016
    Nebraska
    Always a good choice, one of those that Fender got close to perfect right out of the box. I ended up swapping out the controls (didn't care for the S1), changed to compensated saddles, and installed a electro socket.

The S1 is just personal taste and not a bad feature, but it should have come stock with compensated saddles and the electro socket in my opinion. They call it the "classic '50's" but it is more of a modern player than a vintage reissue so I feel that those two changes would be more fitting.

lerxst_x likes this.

8. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Congrats...I'd take one of those beauties over a lacquer happy, neon-amber, '52 reissue, any fricken day!

9. ladave

ladave Tele-Meister

Sep 25, 2017
    Los Angeles
    Mine is a bit heavy at 8 lbs 3 oz, but it is an outstanding guitar. Killer tone, nice chunky neck, beautiful fit and finish.

Bakelite pickguard from 52 fits perfectly and looks and feel so much nicer than the shiny plastic one. Also killed the static noise issue I was having.

Will probably switch out the S1 also just because I like simplicity and don't use those sounds.

lerxst_x likes this.

10. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    Love mine and love the neck so much, I bought a Baja neck from Stratosphere to base my Albert Collins build on.

lerxst_x likes this.

11. BadMojo

BadMojo Tele-Meister

Sep 17, 2017
    Maryland
    Congrats on that wonderful Baja!

lerxst_x likes this.

12. MahoganyStratDZ

MahoganyStratDZ Tele-Meister

Mar 5, 2012
    USA
    Nice Tele great choice-congrats

lerxst_x likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.