Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NGD - 1955 Les Paul Goldtop Wraptail

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by pblossom, Jun 2, 2010.

1. pblossom

pblossom Tele-Meister

Sep 12, 2005
    Guilford, CT
    Coming tomorrow! :D

One of the '55 Historic Series.

[​IMG]

2. Canuckcaster

Canuckcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 12, 2006
    Calgary, Alberta
    Very Nice!!! Lots of LP love going on here the in last little while. Let us know what you think of her if you can pry yourself away.

CC

3. redstringuitar

redstringuitar Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 6, 2009
    Wales

4. pblossom

pblossom Tele-Meister

Sep 12, 2005
    Guilford, CT
    Well, it came yesterday and it's beautiful. The picture in my original post is the actual guitar from the Private Reserve website. I've wanted one of these ever since 1972 when my first (and only) guitar teacher had a real one. The fit & finish is absolutely perfect. I had a 2001 LP Standard that had sanding marks in the finish and was nowhere near as nice as this goldtop. Actually it sucked. But this one—the '55 "soft shoulder" neck is big, but quite comfortable—similar to my '96 MIJ Tele, but larger. As for the sound, it's almost like playing a Tele—lots of bite and single coil goodness. Add some distortion and you can get some serious crunch. I've never been able to make friends with humbuckers, they just sound too thick with no sparkle. The P-90s combined with the maple top and the Tone Pros wraparound bridge/tailpiece give me plenty of twang. It's a fabulous guitar. Can't wait to use it on a gig. I've got five this weekend, but unfortunately they're all acoustic gigs!

BTW, working with Scott at Private Reserve/Musician's Friend was a pleasure. He was able to answer all my questions—really knew his stuff.

5. mechanicdave

mechanicdave Tele-Holic

May 14, 2003
    Houston
    I believe thats the only LP I would need to own. Enjoy it man, beautiful! Dave

6. Gareth John

Gareth John Tele-Afflicted

Oct 10, 2006
    England
    That's a really beautiful guitar. Look after it at the gig and enjoy it :) I've wanted a Les Paul for years now, I must get round to saving for one.

7. ThermionicScott

ThermionicScott Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 3, 2005
    SW CR IA US NA PE
    Agreed. Well, maybe a '54 Les Paul Custom RI... :cool:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.