Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NFL 2017

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by SolidSteak, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's

Mar 23, 2016
    Raleigh, NC
    Meh, he wasn't at his best, for sure, but there are just some days you just know are not your day. 2 of those picks came of deflections that 90% of the time would have just been incompletes, and on the 4th, his WR fell down on a timing route. He'll be fine.

SolidSteak likes this.

2. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Bears starting Trubisky tonight, one of the few reasons to watch that team at all.

3. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Tele-Afflicted

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    I hope so!

4. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Nope.

Generic Schmoe and AndreDanican like this.

5. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    Any predictions for Eagles at Panthers tonight? I like the Eagles but Carolina put quite the beatdown on my Lions Sunday.

6. SolidSteak

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    I'm hesitant to even hazard a guess... I want to say Eagles, so that probably means Panthers. I haven't seen either team in action yet this year though.

7. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Fletcher Cox is playing, but Lane Johnson being out for the Eagles is a bad sign. They are 9-2 with him as a starter and 2-8 without.

Still, I think it's anybody's game. Road teams have fared well on Thursday nights. Weather may be a factor so it will basically be a matter of limiting turnovers and penalties.

8. AndreDanican

AndreDanican Tele-Holic

Feb 5, 2014
    Montreal
    I like the Eagles in this one, Panthers have not impressed except for Cam's out of the ordinary play lately.

9. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Newton...sometimes amazing, sometimes not. His little celebration in the end zone in the first half was a little too soon.

Congrats, Iggles!

10. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    wow...what a game...dominate and yet weak...some stupid penalties...costly ones too...seems to me blount should carry the ball way more...why they dont realize the running game is really good...but stray away from it...they had two chances to put the game away around the 6 minute mark by that i mean the offense couldve ran out the clock...if they ran blount...but they didnt...id say they got lucky with the defense coming up big the last three drives...the offensive calls were weak...but they won and thats what counts

Stubee likes this.

11. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

So the Panthers only committed one penalty tonight...an innocuous flag on a PAT. No holds on their O Line or D backs (there appeared to be numerous). Even though the Eagles won I can't get over how bad the officiating was.

Mjark and Stubee like this.

12. xStonr

xStonr Friend of Leo's

Jun 26, 2005
    W. Palm Beach
    Great game. We overcame bad officiating to win anyway.

Stubee likes this.

13. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    I gave the pick to my friend and he chose Panthers, so I won. Agree on some of the calls. Eagles are good!

14. SolidSteak

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    Yeah, a lot of calls (and non-calls) in the Panthers' favor.

How about that "roughing the passer" call? I didn't hear a whistle, and obviously Barnett didn't either. It was a clean tackle. Oh well.

15. SolidSteak

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    I think Carolina had too many dropped passes in the first 3 quarters to win the game. That, and the turnover ratio. Other than that, both teams looked pretty good.

16. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

I was more upset with Barnett than the refs on that one. I understand that Cam made a little fuss a year or two ago (deservedly so) about how he doesn't get the same protection/benefit of roughing calls as other big name QBs...so taking that into account he's going to get that call, and should.

What bothered me was the numerous holds (I have screenshots) and the missed PI on Jeffrey. Also, they throw a Personal foul on Blount for blocking after the whistle, announcers even questioned it, but fail to call it the other way when Blount was thrown to the ground by 2 guys after the whistle. Real ticky tack block in the back by Jeffrey which again, Romo even questioned it. Barber had his facemask grabbed too, no call. Then, on the one penalty they do call on Carolina, the refs fail to give Doug the opportunity to retake the PAT and try to assess 5 yards on the kickoff. Doug had to get their attention to let them know he wanted to take the penalty by retaking the PAT as a 2 point conversion...amateur hour by that crew.

In the last 2 games reffed by Pete Morelli, there have been 24 penalties against the Eagles and only 3 on their opponent. Over the last 5 games it's a 40 to 8 ratio. I'm not one to nitpick every call and blame officials, but that disparity is jarring, and the Eagles aren't that undisciplined of a team.

xStonr, Mjark and SolidSteak like this.

17. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs

18. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    It sure looked one sided to me. But the Eagles prevailed anyway. 5-1 and feels pretty good.

19. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    aaron rogers broken collar bone...most likely done for the season

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.