Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NFL 2017

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by SolidSteak, Sep 19, 2017.

1. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Giving credit where it's due...Pederson called a good game today. Besides kicking FGs instead of TDs, the offense was good. Blount averaged 8.5 yes per 16 carries...still makes me wonder why he had 0 touches against KC, but whatever.

Defense started out good but maybe the injuries have caught up. I don't know, but what I do know is that they've let up 52 pts in the last three 4th quarters...14, 24, 14 respectively. I'll take 3-1 though.

2. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    the chargers had some deep ball success...the weak secondary is to blame which is ok as players are hurt and will be back and hopefully will lessen the deep ball attack!

blount should be the number one back and they should stop the committee running scheme

dburns likes this.

3. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    There is absolutely no reason to ever cheer for the Raiders...

(Unless they're playing Denver)...:D:p:cry:

teletimetx and tery like this.

4. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Tele-Afflicted

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    Steelers played a good 3 quarters of football. Almost gave it away in the 3rd... I still don't understand how a WR can catch the ball, have possesion, have a knee down, and then have it overturned as an interception? That seemed bogus to me. Not enough info on the replay screen to call it that at least. That set up a crappy 3rd quarter. Fortunately PGH won the sack race and got more turnovers, otherwise I think it would have been much closer.

After watching a satisfying victory over the Baltimore Ravens I came back to see the last 2 minutes of Oakland vs. Denver and was disappointed to not see Derek Carr... still down to the wire though!

5. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    To be expected from a Chief's fan - but please tell me you're not a closet Cowboys fan...

Denver squeaked by Oakland. I don't think that will help against the Chiefs.

Plus both the Patriots and Cowboys lost today.

william tele likes this.

6. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    I'm a closet fan of almost all teams. The athletes are as smart and powerful as they've ever been. I don't care what anybody says...it's an amazing time to watch these guys do what they do.

On paper...the Chiefs and Donkeys should be an amazing match up. I hope so. I don't really care for blowouts between teams with so much potential. Just a smart, hard played game by both teams...but now I'm dreaming...:p

teletimetx likes this.

7. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    It's been a very long time since I've been in even a small physical altercation, so I'm probably about as dangerous in a fight as I look. You could hit me pretty hard without expecting much of a response, except for maybe spoiling a few minutes of your day while you called an ambulance.

So I encourage any of you to please stop by soon and punch me. I'm starting to like the Lions this year, and would prefer to have some sense knocked into me right now, before I really start thinking they might finally be good. Thanks in advance.

Reggie77 likes this.

8. 1293

1293 Poster Extraordinaire

May 18, 2006
    The Giants make me want to be a Green Bay fan.

troy2003, Stubee and AndreDanican like this.

9. SolidSteak

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    I really thought the Skins were gonna run away with it... terrific 1st quarter, but they didn't take advantage of those early opportunities to run up the score. Dropped balls, offsides penalties. If you wait around long enough a team like KC is going to come back to to life. That dude Travis Kelce is BIG! Like Rob Gronkowski big.

10. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    a stat i heard was...washington never won at arrowhead...the record still stands it seems

11. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Meister

Mar 30, 2017
    Port Arthur TX
    My Saints D is finally starting to gel...were loaded with young talent...Lattimore will be a pro bowl CB soon...him and Crawley were PFF top rated CBs this week.

12. SolidSteak

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    Also Redskins are 2-9 out of last 11 Monday night games. I always want to say, "yeah, so what?" but sometimes the trend is an eerie predictor...

13. Lonn

Lonn Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2007
    Indiana
    4-0. Very happy lifelong Chiefs fan here.

teletimetx, AndreDanican and Stubee like this.

14. SolidSteak

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    From nfl.com: "a night where the NFL's last-ranked defense held Tampa to seven points and under 200 yards entering the fourth quarter"

To me it looked more like the Bucs holding themselves back... 3 missed field goals? Should you fire a kicker if he missed 3 FGs in one game? Dropped passes in the end zone, pre-snap penalties... all the Pats had to do was play merely average football to win. The headline reads "Have the Pats bounced back?" Not so sure... the Bucs shot themselves in the foot.

15. Vespa_One

Vespa_One Tele-Meister

Feb 14, 2017
    United States
    Lifelong 49ers fan. It's been rough for awhile but it looks like things could be starting to turn around. Even without a win they are playing better than they have played in quite some time and it is fun to watch.

16. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    thats the way i saw it...the pats stayed close and ended up winning the game...brady was getting hammered...after 4 games he has been sacked almost as many times as all of last year...how much more can a 40 year old body take

Strato50 likes this.

17. SolidSteak

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    Even though I'm not a fan of either team, I have to admit, I let out a loud "whoop" at Adarius Glanton's strip sack of Brady in the 3rd quarter. I love it when defenses get to Brady - he crumbles. Goes fetal. Meanwhile, Jameis Winston is trying to single-handedly run it head first through the red zone, and throwing some absolute bullets along the way.

Patriots got lucky for this win! They've still got some adjustments to make.

18. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Meister

Mar 30, 2017
    Port Arthur TX
    Brady was sacked 15 times all last year...he passed that before the half....his WRs dropped some balls last night...Tampa was lucky they didn't get blown out...Winston has no touch on the ball....a bullet thrower like Cam..

19. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    you could also say the pats were lucky they didnt get blown out

but with gronk out and with edelman out for the season tampa missed a big opportunity...3 missed fgs they were getting their offense up the field...they arent great but good...a few tweaks and they could be great

the pats D has problems and it cant be fixed this year

SolidSteak likes this.

20. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    Prediction:

Cleveland Browns - 2017 NFL Superbowl Champions!

:lol::lol::lol:

What a sorry lot they are - again. Good thing I don't follow them, or I'd be pretty pissed by now. I have friends who have just stopped watching them because of the last number of seasons. They were selling Browns tickets at the end of last year for $10 and $15 for decent seats just to try to get backsides into seats. It's just sad when it costs more to park than your ticket - and parking is relatively cheap.

Chip likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.