Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NFL 2017

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by SolidSteak, Sep 19, 2017.

1. DarkKnight37

DarkKnight37 Tele-Meister

May 21, 2016
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Let's get this back on track....

The Saints actually looked good Sunday! Hopefully that's the turnaround we need for the season. Handling the Dolphins next week shouldn't be a problem.

Now on to my second favorite team. The Dolphins are going to get squashed by the Saints next week! How do you only put up 6 points on the Jets?? Sheesh...

dburns likes this.

2. brbadg

brbadg Tele-Holic

Mar 11, 2008
    Timonium,Maryland
    If you're getting excited that they won after coming behind against Cincy,you have stuff to worry about.
    As for me,I have stuff to worry about,too.Did the Ravens lay an egg,or is it really what they're about this year? Is Bortles for real?

3. Chip

Chip Tele-Afflicted

Feb 25, 2005
    Northfield Center, Ohio
    Part way thru the 2014 season the BROWNS had a 7 & 4 record and looked like they could have a chance at the playoffs. They ended up loosing every game the rest of that season and have gone 5 & 35 after their last win of 2014. I kinda hope they don't come back to Cleveland when they go play in London in a couple weeks. Maybe they could just stay there.

GO TRIBE!

4. AndreDanican

AndreDanican Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Feb 5, 2014
    Montreal
    Yes, go Tribe!

I do see some progress with the roster in Cleveland, I think they will get it together this time, however, it may take few more years. My wife is from Cleveland and I'm dying to be able to root for the browns, they've just made it impossible!

5. Chip

Chip Tele-Afflicted

Feb 25, 2005
    Northfield Center, Ohio
    Where do you see progress?

Someone pointed out on the radio this morning that most of the players that they have drafted recently are from college teams with loosing records. Even if the players have some individual talent all they have have known is loosing. We have a rookie quarterback that lost 12 games last year for crying out loud!

I'm sick of it!

6. DaddyG

DaddyG Tele-Meister

Oct 25, 2012
    Norton, Ohio
    C,mon Chip, jump over to the Steelers at least they won't be a bad team for two decades running. What ever happened to Brian Hoyer? They (Browns ) should've kept him. He must have showed promise and that is something that the front office doesn't get. Oh well, they can draft a new QB next year. Every year and I mean EVERY year before the new season, I will ask the Browns fans that i know " How many games do you think they'll win this year?" . It's always the same " Oh, 6-7 games, they're building a good team now." People still support them and I cannot figure it out.

Ron R likes this.

7. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Tele-Afflicted

Apr 27, 2016
    USA

8. SolidSteak

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    At one point I was actually hoping the Steelers would pick up Hoyer as a backup and potential replacement for Roethlisberger after he retires (which could be as soon as next year! Yikes!) After his stint with the Browns ended with the rise and fall of Johnny Football, there were rumors going around of Hoyer in talks with Pittsburgh. Maybe it was just rumor though.

EDIT: Hah! I completely forgot Hoyer was a backup for the Steelers in 2012 when Ben and Byron Leftwich were injured... man that guy gets around.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017

9. dented

dented Poster Extraordinaire Platinum Supporter

Apr 17, 2006
    Back at the Beach
    Go Giants!!!

(NY Giants suck.)

Who said that?.....lol

10. AndreDanican

AndreDanican Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Feb 5, 2014
    Montreal
    Re: Cleveland, I like the picks of Myles Garrett and Kizer, too. They are both going to be solid pros, Kizer will likely not be a top ten QB in the NFL but there are some Russel Wilson qualities there which in the right situation could thrive. I like that they seem to have shed a lot of the "bad apple" types that were poisoning the team. I think it's a first step.

uriah1 likes this.

11. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's

Mar 23, 2016
    Raleigh, NC
    Roethlisberger won't be retiring after this year. I'd guess it will be at least another 2-3 years. By which time, Hoyer would be too old to be the guy you want to build around. Landry Jones is adequate as a backup for now, and Dobbs showed some flashes this year that he may possibly be the guy once Ben does go.
    Bigger immediate problem for the Steelers is Bell. So far this year, he's running like he's afraid to get hurt and mess up his big payday. I thought they would franchise him again next year (no way their offer is going to go up to what he wanted), but if that continues, I think they will just let him walk after the season. In which case, we better hope James Conner is up to the task.

SolidSteak likes this.

12. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I guess if it wasn't a rollercoaster ride, it could get boring.

How does Denver go from beating the Cowboys like a rented mule one week and then give the game away to the Bills the next? Looking at the stats, Denver was at least competitive, but couldn't get the job done in the red zone.

Next game, Raiders. Long, long rivalry there. Hope it's a good game, but if they don't improve from the performance in Buffalo, I might have to be looking for that old paper bag I used to wear over my head, what, thirty years ago?

13. SolidSteak

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    Yeah, I guess it is a bit unrealistic to expect Hoyer to take over the reigns. But as much as I'd like to see Dobbs step up to be a great Steelers franchise QB who can continue on Ben's success, it's hard for me to envision someone who majored in aerospace engineering having the desire to risk brain injury. Maybe that's a weird thing for me to think... I dunno.

I'm kind of sick of Bell's ego. He's great and everything, and maybe he even deserves to get paid almost as much as he's asking for, but I hope they let him walk and get another running back. Plus it will save them some money.

14. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's

Mar 23, 2016
    Raleigh, NC
    I think they will let him walk, as soon as its best for them, unless he has a major change of heart about how much he's willing to accept - another year's mileage will not make them up their offer. If he picks it up and finishes the year well, they may franchise him again to buy an extra year to find his replacement.

SolidSteak likes this.

15. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Holic

May 11, 2011
    North of Boston
    I just hope Tom Brady makes it through the season in one piece. 10 sacks already. One thing about Houston-They get after the QB.

16. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Same here with Carson Wentz, he's been sacked 11 times.

Some of that is on the line obviously, but it's mainly the coaches fault for dropping him back to pass like 50+ times the first two games...and it's not like they were playing from behind. They either had the lead or were within one score for most of their first two games.

He finally committed to running against the Giants, but this is the same coach who had Wentz lead blocking on a reverse the very next play after he returning to the game after being checked for a possible concussion, so who knows what he does next.

17. SolidSteak

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    Holy crap! I've seen starting QBs throw some token blocks before but that sounds ridiculous.

18. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Yep. Doug P has made several boneheaded and utterly ridiculous calls in his brief tenure so far.
    http://www.pennlive.com/philadelphiaeagles/index.ssf/2016/12/philadelphia_eagles_qb_carson_8.html

Then there was using his last challenge against GB last year to dispute a 2 yd gain...2nd and 10 vs 2nd and 8, wtf is the difference. They ended up getting smoked anyway, but he ended up being without a challenge in the 2nd half all over a 2 yd gain. This organization and fanbase is starving for its 1st Super Bowl and this guy is "learning on the job".

19. SolidSteak

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    Looks like the Eagles gonna be 3-1 at the end of the day! Hope I didn't jinx it :D

20. Chip

Chip Tele-Afflicted

Feb 25, 2005
    Northfield Center, Ohio
    How about them BROWNS?!?!

(The Tribe finished the season with 102 victories! Woo Hoo!)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.