Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NFL 2017

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by SolidSteak, Sep 19, 2017.

1. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    I think everyone here is stunned the Bears won. Their running game looked great, the lousy turf at Soldier Field definitely helped that. That play by Cooper not getting into the end zone was inexcusable.

2. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Tele-Afflicted

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    I wish I had stuck around and watched that game! I slunk away after watching a disappointing Steelers OT loss. Looks like it was a close one!

3. SolidSteak

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    I only recently went back to cable after tiring of shelling out cash at bars to watch 1 game a week. Yeah, if I didn't watch football I would probably cancel it again.

4. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 18, 2013
    West O' Philly, PA

william tele likes this.

5. teleamp

teleamp Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 17, 2006
    Prairie Hill, Texas
    Broke my ties with Dr Pepper after seeing a pic of JJ and the Cowboys kneeling, got a few more calls to make. Besides, water and limeade taste better and are much better for me...

troy2003, Zepfan and Rostlund98 like this.

6. AndreDanican

AndreDanican Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Feb 5, 2014
    Montreal
    I'm sorry, but I really don't appreciate the politics in this thread, I just want to read about the games, not about Dr. Pepper ads. Maybe there's a better place to air those grievances?

Reggie77, brbadg, voodooblues and 3 others like this.

7. AndreDanican

Feb 5, 2014
    Montreal
    And there's this:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
    No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

voodooblues likes this.

8. SolidSteak

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    Yeah, let's leave the politics off the forum please. There's plenty of football happening between the lines to talk about.

voodooblues likes this.

9. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Why would anyone care what you drink?

Reggie77, Otis Fine, brbadg and 2 others like this.

10. AndreDanican

Feb 5, 2014
    Montreal
    The Cowboys continue to play well enough to win. The NFC East is crazy, all the other teams have serious flaws, the Cowboys are a bit dull but they should win that division easily. Was this week's Washington performance a fluke?

11. SolidSteak

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    It seems like the NFC East has been a toss up every year for a few years now.

I was surprised the entire AFC North was handed a big goose egg this week! There will have to be a winner next Sunday though; PIT@BAL should be a decent game on defense at least.

12. AndreDanican

Feb 5, 2014
    Montreal
    Roethlisberger and Flacco seem like the same quarterback these days - doppelgangers! Bell and Brown are what makes Pittsburgh better (and dangerous).

SolidSteak likes this.

13. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Seems like that because it is. There hasn't been a repeat division winner in the NFC East since the '03 and '04 Eagles.

As much as it pains me to say, the Cowboys probably put an end to that this year.

14. teleamp

teleamp Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 17, 2006
    Prairie Hill, Texas
    Don't confuse patriotism and politics...

15. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Some of the complaints I've heard about what's going on lately in the NFL are along the lines of people saying they just want to watch football without all of the other stuff that's been going on lately. That's the same reason I click on this thread.

Patriotism is fine, maybe just talk about it in a thread where that's the topic of conversation. As someone already said, we're here to talk about what's going on between the lines after opening kickoff.

AndreDanican likes this.

16. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Friend of Leo's

Feb 12, 2010
    Jacksonville
    You're correct but one shouldn't assume the absence of patriotism in peaceful protest.
    I think we're close to crossing the line and this thread may get locked.

It's strange but as I've grown older I care less about sports and I was a walking almanac of facts and stats when I was a kid. I follow college sports more closely but even my interest in that has diminished. I follow the Saints for sentimental reasons but Brees' best days are behind him, Payton has lost his mojo and the Saints front office is a joke. I don't know what to think of Odell Beckham dog "dance". I wish he would just play the game.

17. AndreDanican

Feb 5, 2014
    Montreal
    Let's not confuse politics with patriotism!

18. Zepfan

Zepfan Friend of Leo's

Nov 30, 2013
    Horn Lake, MS
    The only NFL games I've watched over the last 5 years have been the Superbowl Games because I've just been bored with the NFL. Now that Politics are involved with NFL Games, I don't think I'll be watching any NFL games at all.

chiefline likes this.

19. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Don't confuse TDPRI and Facebook...

20. tominwa

tominwa Tele-Meister

Sep 15, 2016
    Olympia, Wa
    I got a refund on my NFL sunday ticket package. Very easy to do BTW, I was surprised. Going to donate the money on my statement to the wounded warrior project. Something tells me the money will be put to better use that way. As for watching the NFL 2017 again....I think I will take a knee.

TELE_BLUES, troy2003, Zepfan and 2 others like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.