Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NFL 2017

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by SolidSteak, Sep 19, 2017.

1. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Tele-Afflicted

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    Is there really no NFL 2017 thread yet? After week 2 of the season?

Anyone think the Pats loss to KC was a surprise? Anyone not surprised?

How are the Eagles going to fare? 1-1 so far I guess, but again, KC Chiefs. Is the Eagles defense good this year?

The Steelers are making me nervous already, but Steelers fans tend to have high expectations, i.e. "We ONLY beat the Browns by 3 points? Come on!" I wonder if Pats fans are like that with the Dolphins?

TJ Watt!!!

2. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    What I know so far:

NY Giants suck.

Seattle was overrated coming in.

Denver looks surprisingly complete.

Green Bay, same old story, always seem to be bit by the injury bug.

Dallas is likely to implode.

And all of this could change by next week, ha ha.

3. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    The Chiefs have some kind of challenge going on amongst themselves...really trying to bring out the best in each other. It was such a blow to lose Berry but Houston seems to be able to help the D shine like Berry did.

Yeah, Denver looks pretty good!

4. MahoganyStratDZ

MahoganyStratDZ Tele-Meister

Mar 5, 2012
    USA
    All I know is KC the Raiders and Denver look decent. I think the entire league is more defense orientated after the last decade though. Look at the scores lowest in a long time. Early though. Patriots will be alright I dont know about another superbowl this year though, the afc has a few solid teams.

5. Bob M

Bob M Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

May 11, 2011
    North of Boston
    I like the way the Patriots came back on the road with many of their stars injured. They really seemed to handle the Saints in a "matter of fact" manner that ripped the heart out of that team. I'm not sure the Pats have all the pieces, but typically they aren't complete until Thanksgiving. Their division will probably give them 6 wins. The Jets, Dolphins and Bills don't look that good.

6. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 12, 2008
    Houston
    The Pats get my Texans this week :( I will root for the unexpected, but I know better.
    We have a good defense but, it will not hold up without any offensive output. We are a very offensivley challeged team.

The Chiefs and the Broncos look like the early favorites out of the AFC.

The Cowboys got some soul serching to do. I know it's only one loss, but it seems several players quit during that game.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    SolidSteak likes this.

7. AndreDanican

AndreDanican Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Feb 5, 2014
    Montreal
    Chiefs are balanced, are they deep enough to survive some injuries? A good team that could go far.

Raiders ditto...

Those are my two top teams right now.

Broncos have a talented defence, I'm not convinced the offence can score enough to stay with the big boys in the league.

Tennessee might surprise us all, they do enough to compete and win game after game right now.

Patriots will win through coaching and system as usual. I wonder if their weak receiving corps and patchwork defence can take them to the promised land.

Yes, the Giants suck. The coach will be fired by week 4 at this rate.

Yes, the Bears suck. The coach won't be fired this season.

Cowboys as always overrated.

Cardinals minus David Johnson go 4-12, he should have been the MVP last season.

Eagles? Maybe some playoff action brewing there.

Atlanta still looks like the team to beat in the NFC

A mess in Seattle. No run game and average receivers means trouble scoring points.

Detroit has a chance to win that division, every bit the equal of the Packers, just not as exciting.

teletimetx and SolidSteak like this.

8. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

May 24, 2010
    Scotland
    Lots and lots of mediocre teams. Three of the best are in the AFC West.

The NFL's return to LA. Clown shoes.

9. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jan 15, 2007
    Rochester, NY
    ESPN is totally uninteresting. Their plan to get rid of every older guy who had something interesting to say was a mistake. Now they have a new crew that I could care less about. The Fox crew is old as the hills but people know them and they have interesting comments from their experience. ESPN has bobbleheads.

JuneauMike, MickM and Rostlund98 like this.

10. Rostlund98

Rostlund98 Tele-Meister

Jun 28, 2013
    USA
    As a Pats fan the KC win was not a huge surprise, they're always a tough team. Also holy hell the Pats continue to amaze me how they can play with guys hurt. At one point in the game Cooks was the only healthy receiver, and they still managed to pull out a big double digit win.

11. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    eagles are good but not deep in the playoffs good...the eagle d-line is very good...the secondary is so so but now weaker with the injuries they have...but the d-line should take some pressure off the secondary which helps

nfc east is wide open...anyone could take it

Mjark likes this.

12. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Reston, Virginia
    Diehard Steelers fan here!! Once Le'veon Bell gets going and the offense starts to click, the Steelers are the only team in the AFC able to challenge New England....that's if the Steelers can stay healthy and Ben plays in every game....

RJ

cntry666, puddin and SolidSteak like this.

13. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    i think the raiders and KC and denver are challengers to the PATS...i dont think the steelers are the top contender out of the list i made

14. John E

John E Tele-Afflicted

Mar 17, 2003
    Connecticut
    I am a Giants fan, and was expecting them to improve from last year, not become worse. The garbage they are trotting out on offense this year is making it tough for me to watch, let alone talk about.

crossroader and AndreDanican like this.

15. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Tele-Afflicted

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    I don't know if they're the only AFC challenge for NE... I agree that the AFC West is looking good at the moment. Somebody else is bound to step up later in the season too, maybe Baltimore or Houston.

It's definitely not going to be a cake walk for NE to come to Heinz Field and play a team that wants payback.

How about Martavis Bryant having a decent game Sunday! That was a relief.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017

16. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    Yes, the Bears suck. More of the same.

Detroit looking good so far, though it's only week 2. I'll be interested to see how the Buccaneers do this year, they're close to turning a corner if they haven't already.

Grux likes this.

17. Ron R

Ron R Friend of Leo's

Mar 23, 2016
    Raleigh, NC
    As a fellow Steelers fan, I like your optimism. However...
    The Chiefs and the Raiders are definitely on the upswing and in the conversation. I'm not sure Baltimore's offense is good enough for a deep run, but holy crap, that defense is looking really good right now.

SolidSteak likes this.

18. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    I gave up on the Lions after last season, but they might do OK in what could be a weak division.

Packers having early problems but I'm not counting them out. Broncos & Falcons are impressive so far. I feel bad for my friend in Homestead and his Dolphins, what with Cutler, most likely to be jeered.

It's really to early to say much; my KOTH doesn't even start til Week 5. Biggest news for me is I'm taking my grandson to the Lions vs Falcons game this Sunday, a first for both of us, with good seats given to us by a friend who can't use 'em.

Grandson is now a DB + other D positions on kickoff etc on his HS Freshman team. I'm nervously watching him make good tackles; two of his friends have been hurt in the past two games, one with a triple lower leg break. After his first practice he said "Man, this is a violent game."

19. Preacher

Preacher Tele-Afflicted

Apr 17, 2007
    Big D
    Lets look at the teams that you thought at the beginning of the year were going to be good that are bad.

Good to Bad
    1) Cincinnati Bungles - wow, did they get bad so fast? I know they were 6-9-1 last year but they look like a 2-14 team this year. NO TD's
    2) Saints - 0-2? and they added A Peterson for a run game to fill the holes they had on offense. Maybe he can play safety because that D is as porous as a shrimp net.
    3) Giants - Someone please tell Eli's wife to increase that insurance policy on her husband. And many had them picked to win the Superbowl...

Mjark likes this.

20. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    I don't mean to fawn over Brady and the Pats because I know people think they cheated their way through. The truth is that they may have done whatever they're accused of...but other than being a really STUPID thing to do...I don't believe for a minute that it increased their advantage in any way.

I love my Chiefs and don't meant to kick them when they're up...but experience shows me that KC will figure out a way to choke and the Pats will figure out a way to win.

The season is just starting. Hope I'm wrong!:)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.