Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NFL 2014 Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by VWAmTele, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    a ball was removed from the game for some reason which then sparked the inquiry...i would say this is dumb but since they were doing dubious things in the past...well

2. rider7

rider7 Tele-Meister

Apr 15, 2014
    NYC
    "In the NFL, each team brings 12 Wilson footballs to the game and uses its own. As such, the Patriots' offense uses one set of footballs and those are taken off the field when possession shifts. The Colts then bring theirs into rotation. It is not uncommon for teams to try to alter, however slightly but within the acceptable limits between 12.5 and 13.5 pounds, the ball that is most agreeable to their quarterback."

"All game balls are to be checked by the referee, in the officials' locker room, two hours and 15 minutes prior to kickoff."

"The Referee shall be the sole judge as to whether all balls offered for play comply with these specifications," Rule 2, Section 1 of the NFL Rule Book reads. "A pump is to be furnished by the home club, and the balls shall remain under the supervision of the Referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant just prior to the start of the game."

"Even if the footballs used by the Patriots were checked and approved prior to the game, they could conceivably be doctored and deflated during the game. The home team is responsible for providing sideline attendants who supply the refs with balls as on-field action dictates."

3. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    There was a Packer slightly downfield from Burnett and he waved Burnett to the turf, similar to how a kick returner is often told by another player to take a knee. Burnett, in the excitement of the moment, probably just did what the other guy told him.

4. Greg.Coal

Greg.Coal Tele-Afflicted

Aug 23, 2009
    Colorado
    And, that might be all the point you need to make re Burnett. Just heard Ditka on Mike and Mike and he did say "WTH" regarding Burnett going down. So, the question should then be addressed to the guy who told him to go down . . . because that did become another 3 and out.

5. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Pretty sure it was Julius Peppers who told him to go down. He's been a stand out player for a long time and I'm guessing a well respected veteran on that team. So no surprise Burnett followed his order.

With all the other questionable plays I'm surprised this one is getting that much attention.

6. BB

BB Friend of Leo's

May 17, 2003
    Great Pacific NW
    Kurt Warner was just amazing. One of my favorite QB's and perhaps the most accurate (long and short) passing QB's I've ever watched play as well as one of the most gutsy. He took some vicious hits while waiting till the last second to throw. Loved watching him play in the The Greatest show On Turf! His replacement in St Louis was pretty darn good too!

7. television

television Tele-Meister

Nov 9, 2003
    Enjoy it while it lasts

It will happen. And it does suck. I am a life long Cowboys fan (since 1965), and the Cowboys have had a few runs where they were on top of the mountain. It is a fun time when that is happening. But eventually the down times come...and the fun disappears a bit.

My advice to Seahawks fans is too enjoy every minute of it while it lasts...especially the championships...they really don't come around that often.

8. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Not making my Super Bowl pick just yet.... but I lean toward the Pats. While I think the Seahawks comeback was amazing and you have to be wowed by Russell Wilson shaking off that horrific start... that horrific start really bugs me. He looked like Tebow for about 55 minutes. Granted, he looked like Tebow the last 5 minutes too lol, but I just don't see that working against the Pats. The Hawks were less than impressive for the better part of 3 quarters against the Panthers too.

But I'm not making my pick yet.

9. wildkat-bob

wildkat-bob Tele-Afflicted

May 14, 2013
    Beside a Mountain

Attached Files:

10. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    the off season isnt even here yet and the rumors are flying

the rams...titans and the texans have interest in nick foles so they say

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/20...eams-including-rams-interested-in-nick-foles/

i dont think they can get marcus mariota...but ive read they really like ucla qb brett hundley...letting foles go at this time i dont think is a good move...it could be sanchez as the starter...with barkley as 1st back up and then hundley

dump barkley...keep foles...sanchez as 1st back and if they can get hundley...groom him as the qb of the future

dont know if its possible to get hundley without trading foles...itll be an interesting off season thats for sure

11. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2012
    New Mexico
    I haven't been following any other teams' offseason moves, but the Broncos fired their head coach John Fox, and replaced him with Gary Kubiak- John Elway's backup back in the day.

I have a bad feeling Elway's just getting his old drinking buddies together.

12. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    they said with whats in place in denver...kubiak is a win now guy or something like that...fox did a great job there...im sure it was some headbutting going on with elway and unless they were winning super bowls the whole time fox was there nothing could be resolved win no wins

13. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    looks like its tebow time in philadelphia!

14. Kazer

Kazer Tele-Meister

Feb 19, 2015
    Scranton Pa
    I think chip Kelly had a stroke during the off season!!!!

15. AndreDanican

AndreDanican Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

Feb 5, 2014
    Montreal

16. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    One wonders what goes on in Mr. Kelly's head. It’s hard to imagine he’ll be on the team in September but stranger things have happened. Tebow brings a little too much of the circus with him for my liking though.

17. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    something else to people to focus on while he does another thing...who knows what lurks in the mind of chip :lol: another step on the trail of getting mariota

18. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    there is talk that sam bradford hasnt signed a contract...reasons not enough being offered and not sure if he will be traded with mariota being the prize

19. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    nfl begins in T-minus 3 hours 30 minutes

will mariota be an eagle...my excitement is building no matter what happens...its like christmas!

20. Tele1966

Tele1966 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 30, 2014
    US
    I love the NFL draft. We make a tailgate out of it. I'm a huge Ram fan from the days of LA. I'm also a huge Oregon fan and it would be out of this world great if the Rams get Mariota. Evidently at least three teams have talked to the Titans about moving up; St. Louis, Cleveland and the New York Jets. I'd be cool with Mariota going to the Eagles, I'm a big fan of Chip.

And so yes, an exciting night ahead. I left work early to come home and start my smoker. Tonight's menu consists of a Bacon Explosion (in the smoker now) sixty jalapeno poppers (not yet in the smoker) Tortilla chips made from frying raw corn tortillas, guacamole, salsa, clam dip, potato chips and other snacks.

Did I mention the Bacon Explosion? The Bacon Explosion is all we really need. :p

http://bacontoday.com/bacon-explosion/

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.