Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NFL 2014 Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by VWAmTele, Sep 7, 2014.

1. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Feb 24, 2005
    FL
    I've picked 9 in a row, with #10 being the Colts. What was I thinking.

2. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

But Seattle's already won a SB with Russell...not sure how that applies.

Still flabbergasted by that game, still think it's more about the Packers losing than the Seahawks winning.

Don't understand how the Packers and their coaches were so fooled by that fake FG. I expected Carroll to go for it on that 4th down so I was surprised when I saw the kicker out there. Just thought a FG wasn't really doing much for Seattle's chances there...therefore, be prepared for a fake.

3. BB

BB Friend of Leo's

May 17, 2003
    Great Pacific NW
    End of game, 28 Seahawks - 22 Packers....As the Seahawks mantra goes this year, "It doesn't matter how you start, only how you finish". And that finish, my friend, was one for the ages.

4. Stubee

Stubee Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 22, 2007
    Mid-Michigan
    I'm thinking I was a bit off on my analysis re: the Colts chances vs. the Patriots.

5. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    only meant it as...when russell being russell isnt working you need other outlets on offense...dont bank on it all the time like cunningham did

6. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Gotcha.

Two words though...Marshawn Lynch.

7. Maxwell Street

Maxwell Street Friend of Leo's

Feb 18, 2009
    chicago usa
    Pack got all the breaks early...Seahawks made huge plays down the stretch...gutsy play calling in OT

8. Colo Springs E

Colo Springs E Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    It was a good run :)

9. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Feb 24, 2005
    FL
    Based on today's games, I don't think the Seahawks will beat the Pats, but a lot can happen in two weeks (which will feel like two months). Each team has a 'beast' and tough defense, but the difference may be Brady's better short game along with the better TE (Gronkowski).

10. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Was just reminded that New England lineman had more TD receptions than the Chiefs WRs (0).

Still, the Chiefs were the only team to beat the Seahawks and Patriots.

11. 56strat

56strat Tele-Meister

Jul 7, 2008
    Bothell, Washington
    Back 2 Back

You know that feeling you have when your team is going to the Super Bowl? I have that right now. :D

Fun Fact for 2015: We haven't lost a real meaningful game since the 2012 post season. It's going to suck if that ever happens again. :D

GO SEAHAWKS!

12. Mbechmann

Mbechmann Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Grindsted, Denmark
    Kurt Warner. He had that mindset. That is why I am a Cardinals fan. Love that style of playing. You get to see some amazing football with that. :D

13. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Jan 15, 2012
    kentucky
    The Seahawks vs Packers game was a doozy but the Pats just looked too strong.
    The Hawks better bring a better game plan and execute or it'll be a long night.

14. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2012
    New Mexico
    All I can say is, this Super Bowl should be one hell of a game.

15. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Admin Post
    As a Packers fan, that loss yesterday was evisceral.

So many missed opportunities and muffed chances.

:(

16. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    the league is looking into if the patriots deflated balls in the colts game

there was a college coach who did this...the patriots got caught filming the jets defensive signals...the team was fines...belichick was fined...and they lost a first round draft pick

if they find out they did that the same thing will prolly happen

i dont know how fast they will find out if they did it or not...but if they find out before the super bowl...they should suspend the starters...thatll teach em

17. Greg.Coal

Greg.Coal Tele-Afflicted

Aug 23, 2009
    Colorado
    Not necessarily a packers fan, but I was pulling for them.

The second half was their downfall. Too many three and outs.

What did you think when the packers player (Burnett?) made the INT but immediately went into the slide rather than get some yards? He easily left ten yards out there and GB had to punt soon after. I could not understand it at the time.

Later, the two point conversion, despite being a broken play, was another example of unfocused effort. Then the onside kick .... etc, etc

18. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2012
    New Mexico
    I don't know, Brad, the refs handle all of the balls during the game to keep that kind of thing from happening (stop laughing, you know what I'm saying). I think some sportswriter somewhere may just be upset that his favorite team got the smack down.

19. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

In hindsight, Burnett sliding down wasn't the best idea, but I didn't have a problem with it at the time. That should've sealed the game if GB takes care of business even just the slightest bit from that point. I'm sure if Burnett fumbles it back while trying to gain yards many people would criticize him for being selfish.

The onside kick blunder by Bostic, not letting Jordy field the ball, as well as whatever Clinton-Dix was doing on that 2pt conversion were more egregious mistakes.

20. Buckocaster51

Buckocaster51 Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Jan 6, 2005
    Iowa USA
    Admin Post
    Play selection could have been done differently.

You know the old joke about the only thing a "prevent defense" prevents is a win? At the time we joked about GB going into a "prevent offense." I am sure that today they would do things differently.

That was a WTH? moment. I suppose he was concerned about fumbling the ball if tackled.

Perhaps the biggest failing was not pinning Seatle's ears back in the first half. Two TDs rather than field goals would have made a significant difference.

Hey, at least now I get my Sunday's back. ;)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.