Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NFL 2014 Thread

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by VWAmTele, Sep 7, 2014.

1. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Feb 24, 2005
    FL
    212 days of waiting is over!

Miami, Jax and Browns looking for upsets...

2. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free + Supporter

Nov 12, 2008
    Houston
    Wow Cleveland was getting run in the first half. I'm waiting out the last two minutes of the Houston vs Washington. The Texans were so bad last year, it's hard have in confidence in them. They are hanging on to the lead.

3. knopflerfan

knopflerfan Tele-Afflicted

Mar 18, 2012
    In the woods
    Absolutely love football season (pro and college). Go NFL. :D

4. wutmornin

wutmornin Tele-Holic

Nov 18, 2012
    Oregon
    Brady goes down! Brady goes down!

I don't know why really but watching that guy lose is like twice the fun as watching someone I like win. Jeff Gordon syndrome?

5. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston
    Gutsy game by Miami. Moreno is a Pats killer.

6. harold h

harold h Tele-Afflicted

Feb 15, 2004
    One thing I notice is already the season doesnt bode well for the Skins
    or the Raiders.

The Jets beat the Raiders, Jets with no secondary at all, and the Skins lost to
    the Texans.

7. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Chiefs fan weighing in.

All you other guys enjoy your season. We don't want to appear to be too offensive...or defensive.

8. wutmornin

wutmornin Tele-Holic

Nov 18, 2012
    Oregon
    I have to wonder if the high speed Oregon college style offense will be the end of the huge 350 pound lineman?

not from what I see so far, the hurry up wears down a defense but there are bigger bodies in the 70's uniforms than I remember seeing before. Big dudes be quick, but do big dudes be quick running 4 plays per minute? Can you even get 350 pounds off the field for a breather if a hurry up offense is out to keep it from happening?

I still like the speed of the Seattle defense, I don't see it in other stadiums, not yet.

9. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 17, 2007
    Willamette and Columbia
    Crazy game in Philadelphia.

Of course CBS didn't broadcast Eagles/Jags here in Oregon since an east coast/Florida matchup is not really relevant here... they did Pats/Dolphins instead. :rolleyes:

10. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs

11. KDawg64

KDawg64 Tele-Meister

Apr 27, 2014
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Whew........That first half was scary, Great second half. After the past 10 years or so it's real good to open the season with a win.......Triple nice against the Pats :cool:

12. dburns

dburns Friend of Leo's

Good comeback by the Eagles, but still room for concern with how bad Foles looked in the first half. Especially with losing Mathis on the line today, looks like he could be out awhile.

I think whatever success he has and will have is mostly due to Chip's system. And though his name wasn't mentioned, not having DeSeanJackson definitely had an effect. Despite this, they still posted 27 pts in the 2nd half. The long 4th down TD run by Sproles saved the game.

They should win the NFC East since it's a weak division, but I still don't see them beating Seattle or San Fran in the playoffs.

13. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    lets hope other teams take out seattle and san fran i think is beatable...but after thursdays game seattle looks to be in a league of their own

14. Coop47

Coop47 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston
    The Cowboys have no chance today against the Niners and Romo.:eek:

15. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    i meant in the playoffs

16. DuncanAngus

DuncanAngus Tele-Afflicted

Jan 5, 2010
    Massachusetts
    They shredded the Pats today and Moreno led the pack. Pat's O-line was horrific. Patriots all alone at the bottom of AFC East.

17. Mbechmann

Mbechmann Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Jan 18, 2013
    Grindsted, Denmark
    My brother like Pats. I dont :). I am Cardinals and RAMS fan. Kurt Warner still rocks in my book.

18. radiomanjh

radiomanjh Tele-Afflicted

Nov 14, 2010
    Texas
    yeah even tho the Browns looked like garbage the first half they at least made a gallant effort in the second to make it exciting. so far deep into the 3rd quarter Dallas looks about the worst of any of the teams.

19. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Here
    Well, that was a whole lot of schtink from the Bears in the opener against the Bills. I'm glad they crushed my hopes early so I won't waste too many Sundays pretending they might be decent this year.

20. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity

Feb 14, 2011
    Annapolis, MD
    I think the Eagles showed they have what it takes. There's no reason to worry about beating anyone in the play offs today.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.