Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

*\NFGD/* 1992 Fender Japan Telecaster 40th Ann.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by mowgli5555, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Uncle Mui

Uncle Mui TDPRI Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Malaysia
    Awesome acquisition..... I'm sure you'll enjoy playing it. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and detials.

2. mowgli5555

mowgli5555 TDPRI Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Utah, USA
    Thanks, sadly it took me a while to just make the clips under 2 1/2 minutes while recording.
    Plus, I realized they were on private and I changed them to public view.

Hopefully I will get into playing quite a bit this year and be able to record a few fun things.
    As much as I enjoy all my USA stuff, I have a soft heart for nice MIJ guitars.

It is interesting to listen without watching. Then judge purely based on the sound from each instrument. Josh

3. mowgli5555

mowgli5555 TDPRI Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Utah, USA
    While changing strings, I decided to pop off the neck and see what was written.
    This is a truly mellow sounding ash Telecaster. I have 3 ash Fender's sitting around, and the others sound much brighter, and upfront.

One of these days, I will make some proper sounds clips vs the TL52-95BSB. Josh

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Piggy Stu likes this.

4. Angus Strater

Angus Strater NEW MEMBER!

Sep 29, 2017
    Hong Kong
    Hi Josh,

I am Angus from Hong Kong
    I saw your post about the tele which made in japan.

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/nfgd-1992-fender-japan-telecaster-40th-ann.710628/page-3

It looks great and sounds great in your video!!!
    I am not a fan of fender japan, but I do love fender japan custom edition guitar
    I have one from them which is the same series to your tele.
    It is a 35th ann. 1957 strat which have a birdeys maple and made in 1992 too!
    At first, I saw you choose that wonderful guitar what a amazing thing that happen and I do find someone who also love fender japan custom edition .
    If you would like to sell this guitar for any reason, would you please let me know and I am interested in it!

Enjoy the Tele and your music, good day!

Angus

5. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Holic

May 6, 2012
    England

6. mowgli5555

mowgli5555 TDPRI Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Utah, USA
    Thanks Angus.... At this point, I am just going to keep it. It is my main player, and probably wouldn't be worth selling anyway. The sound is wildly different from my other ash guitars, but I paid AVRI prices for it.

Same with my 1994 ST54-40th Custom Edition Strat. That one even has the Dimarzio Blue Velvet pickups, which are interesting I suppose.
    After owning a couple MIM/USA Fenders, and playing a few over the years, I just prefer Fender Japan Custom Edition, and Extrad instruments(possibly just to be different).

The neck is pretty sweet for the Tele. It has a nice, full V neck, which is preferred by me. Nut width is just over 42.5mm, vintage style frets, 7 1/4 radius.
    The lacquer can get a little sticky if you play it hard, but that is how my other MIJ Fenders are also.

This one is super heavy at 9.5 lbs or so. I do not know if this is supposed to be "light weight" ash, or "select" ash since I can't find it in the catalogs like the 35th 57 Strat and 40th 54 Strat.
    I do really enjoy the weight, and feel, but it isn't a guitar that I would expect anyone to play all night while standing. Josh

7. Twang Tone

Twang Tone Friend of Leo's

Apr 15, 2005
    UK
    Congrats, Josh. 9lbs or not, that's one sweet TL52.

Was there a date written on the butt end of the neck?

Also, what (if anything) is stamped on the bridge plate?

8. mowgli5555

mowgli5555 TDPRI Member

Feb 24, 2017
    Utah, USA
    This one does not have a written date on on the end of the neck. My TL52-95 has a date written, and well as my Extrad neck, but not my Order Made Strat or Anniversary Tele.

It has a USA number stamped bridge plate, as well as my TL52-95. The TL52-95 also came with the original tags, with the serial number being the bridge plate stamp. I will see if I can find the tags sitting around the house today. Josh

9. shupe13

shupe13 Tele-Meister

Mar 18, 2010
    Greenfield, IN

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.