Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NFD!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by soulgeezer, Jun 13, 2018.

1. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    No Longer Here

2. 8barlouie

8barlouie Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

May 9, 2015
    Seekonk, MA
    Already festooned with magnets. Nice!

Lake Placid Blue and soulgeezer like this.

3. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Man... it just barely fit, huh?

Lake Placid Blue likes this.

4. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    Please explain the school bus and the ice cube tray.
    Congrats on avoiding about half of all fridge related sadness by avoiding the buttons and gizmos of the techie ice/water display.

Obsessed likes this.

5. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    I'm guessing that the vegetable crispers are kind of hard to pull all the way out.

6. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    When we built our house (2007), our builder warned us from the very beginning that the plans we chose forced us into a counter-depth refrigerator. If you're not familiar with a counter-depth refrigerator, it's shallower than a regular fridge by about 10 inches. That's a whole lot. It is regular width and height, but then you open the door and the back of the fridge is just right there.

And there was no way to push the depth back any further. There is a hallway behind that kitchen wall. And there was no way to push the entire kitchen forward without pushing out an exterior wall.

And the kicker? Counter-depth refrigerators are about 30% more expensive than their full-size counterparts.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018

7. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    I chose a freezer on the bottom model too, is it a big drawer?

8. rze99

rze99 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    Boo. Not even guitar shaped. And it doesn't look like a Marshall stack, like my dream fridge would

elihu likes this.

9. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 19, 2006
    Gilbert, AZ (PHX)
    I just had to buy a new fridge too...

10. soulgeezer

Nov 5, 2006
    No Longer Here
    Actually, it's the same model we had before, which that space was built to fit when we redid the kitchen in 2006. So, it doesn't "barely fit," I purposely bought the same model again and it fits perfectly!

The school bus magnet is because my mom was a school bus driver for over twenty years. I'm not sure what confuses you about an ice tray sitting on a counter next to a refrigerator? I don't like any fancy do-dads in my fridge, so no ice maker, especially since it would mean losing a lot of space in the freezer. Trays have worked for me for over fifty years; I don't see any reason to change now!

Actually, every drawer can be removed with no issues at all. I know it doesn't look that way, but it's true!

That sucks -- We need every inch of space in the fridge. And, just to be clear, this isn't a counter-depth model. It's full-depth.

It's big enough -- The fridge is 22 cubic feet. The freezer is obviously some fraction of that. I wish it was a door, instead of a drawer, as we lose the storage that the door afforded. But, this is how they make them now, so we'll learn to live with it.

11. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    I've installed a lot of kitchens, mostly custom for wealthier clients, and that is how a fridge is supposed to fit- really tight so stuff doesn't fall off the end of the counter.
    I was gonna say your upper cab is a little too far to the left, but it's good to have a little clearance for air movement since the compressor makes heat making cold.

I actually have one of the "counter depth" models which I picked to avoid having science projects hiding in the back, or just so I don't have to move stuff to find stuff.
    It's a little wider for the CF.

12. soulgeezer

Nov 5, 2006
    No Longer Here
    When we redid the kitchen, we refaced the cabinets, but replaced the counter. Hence, since the space was originally built for a larger fridge, you have a gap by the upper cabinet, while the counter fits nice and tight.

But, like you said, a little ventilation is never a bad thing and I promise it's really not so obvious when you see it in person!

telemnemonics likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.