Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Next Version of Mustang? Predictions? Wish List?

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by dolfer, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Jim Dep

Jim Dep Friend of Leo's

May 23, 2010
    Northern Colorado
    The ZenDrive pedal effect would be awesome!

2. Randypttt

Randypttt Tele-Afflicted

Feb 8, 2010
    Elyria Oh
    I'd like to see a scaled down version of the Mustang V head like 30 or 40 watts, a single XLR and/or line out. Something for us recordists (is that a word?) not so powerful and smaller to handle

3. Dirtsquirrel

Dirtsquirrel TDPRI Member

For me the ideal change would be the ability to erase or hide the unused presets then just add back as required. (Maybe there's a way to do this already and I just haven't figured it out.)

4. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Feb 24, 2005
    FL
    I'd like to take the cab config a step further and be able to mix, match and combine specific brands of speakers.

5. Tle4

Tle4 Tele-Afflicted

Dec 28, 2010
    Warrington, Pa. USA
    I would like to be able to assign effects to pedal buttons based in the presets and not just an over all setting.

I use the two button switch mainly to turn on a delay and the other for tap tempo but would be nice if I could use those same buttons to turn on a stomp or mod in another preset.

6. Pat D

Pat D TDPRI Member

Jul 21, 2015
    Indiana
    You can do that by adding the 4 button switch to a Mustang III, IV, or V. It has a 'stomp box' mode where you turn on each effect individually. It's pretty slick.

I do wish it was more configurable with all six switches connected. For example, you can't assign the effects wherever you want. It would be nice if you could. I'd also like to assign two more presets to the two button switch, but it won't do that.

7. colchar

colchar Friend of Leo's

I received both the two and four button switches when I bought mine but have yet to plug either of them in. I really should make an effort to do that.

8. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    colchar, you're the only other one I've heard of yet, who got both the 2 and the 4 switch with their amp. that's how mine came, also

9. Earth

Earth Tele-Meister

Coffee maker with a digital reverb unit.

irie likes this.

10. Tle4

Tle4 Tele-Afflicted

Dec 28, 2010
    Warrington, Pa. USA

I have the 4 button and 2 button switches but I prefer to use the 4 button switch to switch between 3 of my favorite presets. Then I use the 2 button set up to turn on delay and tap tempo for the delay.

My 3 presets are clean, crunch rhythm and a boosted up volume lead

I wish I could assign what the 2 button turns on in each preset rather than having to pick one thing and always have it at that

Another thing that would be cool is if you held down the tap tempo, it could self oscillate.... Or make it speed up a vib or chorus if you hold it down

11. colchar

colchar Friend of Leo's

I got mine used so the previous owner must have purchased both of them.

12. crscott

crscott TDPRI Member

Feb 12, 2010
    oregon
    Late to the party guys, but just in case Fender is watching: I'd love to see a new foot controller with 5 buttons, so I could have 4 instant presets and the tuner button, and I'd love it to have a bigger LED which would display the name of the patch. much easier to keep track of. Also, whatever Fender does, for this aging boomer, keep the weight as light as possible without affecting the sound. If they could keep the III around 30 lbs, I'd love it.

13. Jim Dep

Jim Dep Friend of Leo's

May 23, 2010
    Northern Colorado
    You can keep any or all of the unused presets on your PC or lap top and load them back to the amp any time you want them, via the USB jack. Load the FUSE software into your PC and it has a library of folders to keep them organized.

14. elmicko

elmicko Tele-Afflicted

Dec 27, 2011
    Blount-Vegas, TN
    Tilt back legs and for ALL presets to automatically be the same volume.

15. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    +1 !!! Man, i don't know how anyone could find this amp unintuitive. I mean, how simple does it have to be before there are no more people that feel that way. It couldn't possibly be simpler, i just can't imagine how. Oh well. But i think this thread is futile anyways because i doubt there will be a V3. Look at it from fender's POV.....digital technology is changing so fast the mustang is going to be, at least in FENDER'S eyes outdated by now and they are more than likely building a new modeler as we speak to take it's place. Think about it. How long does any digital music gear remain on the market before they discontinue it? So i'm not hopeful there will be a new mustang, but i AM hopeful that whatever they replace it with will be better. Not because i'm not totally thrilled with my V2 because i am. But i can envision several simple things that could make it better like every patch having a graphic EQ. Just that alone would be a huge leap forward allowing patches to be perfected to your own taste when otherwise you may not be able to get it exactly as you wish. Cab morphing would also be a great improvement to getting a tone exact. So it's not perfect, but i think could be with just a few things like that. But fender knows that if they just update the line many owners who are satisfied with thier V1 or 2 won't be upgrading. On the other hand a replacement to the mustang line will cause mustang owners that otherwise would stick with theirs take a long hard look at this new "miracle amp".

My only fear, and we've seen this before, is that they discontinue the mustang and replace it with something most of us don't like as much. Probably not gonna happen but it's possible.

16. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 2, 2006
    NY
    If Fender's past history is any indication the Mustang line won't get another update. They seem to update once then discontinue/replace.

Cybertwin got one update as did the G-Dec and guitar series such as the HWY 1 and the Vintage Hot Rod Series.

17. Soulie22

Soulie22 NEW MEMBER!

Jun 1, 2016
    Sydney Australia
    I would really like the following (others have asked for these already too)...
    • A compressor separate to the stompbox selection.
    • A looper
    • A Dumble sim or Zen Drive stompbox or both
    • A Super reverb sim
    Other desirables (not as important)...
    • Corner protectors on the cab
    • A 15" spkr with neo magnet in a slightly enlarged cab
    • Various tolex and grill cloth choices
    • Not tilt legs but a flip down bracket to give approx. 15-20 degrees tilt (similar to some Laney amps)

18. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    Heres another one....make the tuner more precise. At first i thought it was my fav digi tuner to date but after a whine i realized that the window within which it shows the note to be in tune is a rather wide one. So it can read spot on for every note but you may be slightly out of tune enough to hear it. I love the feel of it and how quick it senses the note and all, great tuner in every way except that. But thats a serious flaw. If they fixed that, added cab morphing and a global knob that would take the top off gradually to compensate for the brightness in the patches you tweak at home to sound right at stage volume it would be perfect.

19. 9fingers

9fingers Tele-Meister

Nov 11, 2012
    WV
    Yes!!

20. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    They already do that, it's called the Mustang Floor.
    It's like a Mustang amp, but no speaker, and it's all right there at your feet. You could do like I do and run one into your Mustang amp, so you've got redundancy and you don't have to worry about something failing

Jim Dep likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.