Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

NewBodyDay Lefty Tele Body from GuitarFetish.Com

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by LakeShow, Jan 13, 2015.

1. LakeShow

LakeShow TDPRI Member

Jun 10, 2013
    VA
    Ever since I got the Sawtooth Tele, I've had this "Vintage Amber" tinted neck w/ Fender Style Tuners(Vintage split shaft style) sitting here waiting for a body... I had been watching the GFS site since November for a nice lefty tele body that had a neck pocket that fit it, @ 5am one night, theres a solid ash LH Tele body, I tried to buy it, sold out

I posted on their facebook & they told me to email them, so they had located three bodies for me to choose from, 2 Alder and one Ash, the ash one being unfinished, the Alder ones being Satin Finished

#1 Satin finish Alder good cond.
    [​IMG]

#2 Unfinished Ash not as good cond.
    [​IMG]

#3 Satin Finished Alder* Mint Cond.*
    [​IMG]

now the body that popped up on their site that night was 40$, they tell me "well since you have been waiting so long we can do 50$" LOL wut?? anyways they knew I wanted it so I guess I was stuck...

so we set up a time to post the bodies to the GFS site where I can be ready and buy it right away, the bodies go up on the site, and on the body I want, #3, the description says "Solid Ash"... the other two were the same as in the email, but in the email the #3 said Alder, so I am not sure what to think now... any ideas? I will post detailed grain pics later... im thinking its ash the more I look at it

the body should be here today(Tele Tuesday for the win) as soon as it gets here, I will be posting pictures and a review, plus I am considering doing a youtube video for the build, as well as a build thread, besides the Amber neck w Fender style tuners, I have Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Tele Set, going to order a bunch of other stuff once the body gets here to measure

Im also not sure about the finish, any suggestions? refinish? color? pick guard?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

I thought you were going to say someone bought it before you did.

Looks good to me. Black pickguard. What does the neck look like?

3. LakeShow

LakeShow TDPRI Member

Jun 10, 2013
    VA
    [​IMG]

this is the neck and the Alnico II Pro Tele set... that spot was where they sanded a logo off im guessing, someone gave me the bright idea of shoe polish to try to stain it a little bit... now it looks like crap so I will have to redo the face of the headstock eventually, I guess from a far it looks better than a bright sanded off spot :rolleyes:

also, the neck ended up being a Reverse head stock right handed neck, so Im gonna have to figure out some markers too lol

EDIT so the body just showed up... nicer than I thought... good weight to it... minty condition...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  4. LakeShow

LakeShow TDPRI Member

Jun 10, 2013
    VA
    and the body feels like its double the weight of my Sawtooth tele... this thing makes my Sawtooth feel like a feather

5. LakeShow

LakeShow TDPRI Member

Jun 10, 2013
    VA
    I need some help guys... this neck is 22 fret with no overhang board... its not gonna work for this tele body is it? im gonna have to get a 21 fret tele neck or 22 with overhang board if I want it to set up properly right?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.