Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

New Xavier T-Style in the house

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by bluescube, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I'm blown away by my recently purchased Ronfo Hadean for $111! Double bound!

2. bluescube

bluescube Friend of Leo's

Mar 9, 2004
    Greensboro NC

3. bluescube

Mar 9, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    Niggles: tone pot with push-pull turns without hardly any resistance. Volume pot feels right. I need to get a decent set of tuners. Other than that, I'm happy with this cheap-o Tele.

4. rjtwangs

rjtwangs Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Reston, Virginia
    Whenever I see these kinds of guitars my concern is ALWAYS the weight! At my age( 69 ) weight is a deal breaker for me....and ANY guitar weighing in over 8lbs. is a no deal for me....I have one that weighs 7.4 that I'm having a harder time with....if the weight is agreeable to you then BRAVO DEAL WELL DONE!! But I'm afraid that I'd have to take a pass....delighted to see that you guys are so happy with your purchases!!! ROCK ON!!!

RJ

5. bluescube

Mar 9, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    Yes, it is on the heavy side. I kind of wish I had gone alder instead, but oh well

6. Lacking Talent

Lacking Talent Tele-Meister

Oct 22, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Congrats on your acquisition!

I picked up a used/mint XV-840 Double Bound (for next to nothing, which is nice), that's supposedly made from Solid Alder, but I still found it a bit (too) heavy, so I carved out a bathtub route under the pickguard and cut that big ole Xaviere headstock down to proper Tele size 'n' shape.

Made a difference!

7. Ira7

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Hey:

It can be the same dimensions of the same wood type, and one piece/combination of the several pieces, can be a LOT heavier on one guitar than the other. It's not just the wood type, but your particular specimen.

Recent poster here got a Squier CV, pine, that's significantly over 7 pounds, and pine is "supposed" to be lighter than that handful of usually used woods.

Paulownia--now THAT'S always light as a feather! Which is why I have two, despite its drawbacks.

8. bluescube

Mar 9, 2004
    Greensboro NC
    I picked up a Squier CV in GC and it feels about the same weight as my X. For under $200, it's got it's faults, but it's a decent player

9. Jdgedwill

Jdgedwill TDPRI Member

Oct 1, 2017
    Chicago
    My body is made from a single piece. You would think they would use a single piece if they're going to use a translucent finish. For $199 its still a great deal.

10. Ira7

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I really doubt it's a single piece.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.