Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

New VM Squiers coming

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by BB123, Jun 3, 2012.

1. BB123

BB123 Tele-Meister

Mar 6, 2011
    Louisiana

2. tape

tape Tele-Meister

Dec 25, 2010
    Boston, MA
    it looks to me like the tailpiece on the JMs/Jags is actually set back from the bridge the vintage-correct distance, and not too close to the bridge like on the Classic Players/Blacktops/Squier Mascis/etc., yeah?

I see that it doesn't have the lock button on the tailpiece, but considering that these will probably be selling for $300-350, I'm going to buying the hell out of one of these and replacing the tailpiece.

3. ScottieHotrod

ScottieHotrod Tele-Holic

May 30, 2012
    London
    Shame someone ruined Fender's big reveal. I'm already saving for one of these. Very sexy.

Seems like such an obvious thing to do, giving people want they want instead of weird 'vintage modified' stuff with ugly strat jack-plates. Why didn't they do this sooner!!

4. DrumBob

DrumBob -------------------------

Jul 23, 2009
    Highland Lakes, NJ
    I'm looking forward to these. I just hope the necks aren't little skinny toothpicks, but I'm afraid they will be.

5. Jazzmasterfan

Jazzmasterfan Tele-Meister

Feb 9, 2009
    Guernsey
    I can't wait...I want a Jag to more or less finish my collection.

6. Blazer

Blazer Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 2, 2003
    The Netherlands
    A white Jazzmaster with the tort pickguard WILL be in my possession as soon as I can get one.

The much maligned strat output VM Jazzmaster, of which I owned one was terrific guitar so if my experience is anything to go by, this guitar will be KILLER.

But I WILL replace the stock bridge with a tune-o-matic with roller saddles, I already bought that bridge.

7. RubyRae

RubyRae Friend of Leo's

Dec 8, 2009
    Cincinnati
    So are these essentially just like the j massics squier jazzmaster???
    Clearly Fender was pleased with the sales on that model.

8. PunkKitty

PunkKitty Tele-Meister

Jun 24, 2008
    Chicago
    BB, good to see you here!

One of those red Jazzmasters will be mine.

9. musicmatty

musicmatty Former Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Maryland
    They look great..something for everyone with all those colour options :p I have to wonder what the specs are on those Semour Duncan Jazzmaster pickups :eek: I know that the VM Jazzmaster has..

Neck is 6.57
    Bridge is 11.29 ...I wonder if this batch will feature more Vintage output pups :?:

Anyone getting one of these VMs will have a nice guitar..the necks are just right..not to skinny or phat and the Semour D. pups are super sweet in my opinion...He aurthorizes them..so don't expect him to put his name on something that isn't to his approval :cool:

Great tones from the pups

10. Matthias

Matthias Tele-Afflicted

Jun 30, 2003
    UK
    They look great. I might need to trade my P90 Tele Custom for a Mustang or a Jag.

11. Mekhem

Mekhem Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Minneapolis
    These have a gloss neck (v satin) and a actual Jazzmaster style bridge (v AOM) and at this point the biggest difference might be the trem position vinatge (v forward). But the last bit is heresy since we haven't actually seen one yet... Popular speculation is that the picture is a photo shopped "representation" of the models....

12. Davo17

Davo17 Friend of Leo's

Outstanding, I will be picking up a jazzie "beater" for my sonic youth style fits.

13. spikypaddy

spikypaddy Tele-Afflicted

May 20, 2010
    Devon, UK
    I really want one, but I'd have to put a big, fat neck on it... Hummm...

14. Dwills94

Dwills94 Tele-Meister

Jun 10, 2011
    Troy, Ohio
    anyone else find it odd that fender is doing weird modified models such as the pawnshop series and squier is going towards more standard or vintage spec stuff? just a thought

15. Matthias

Matthias Tele-Afflicted

Jun 30, 2003
    UK
    MIMs are too expensive to fill the niche that Epiphone fills for Gibson-fanciers. Perhaps Fender is taking a leaf out of Gibson/Epi's (very successful) book and trying to provide good quality, cheap alternatives to their popular models.

With guitars like the MIC Modern Players, Fender seem to be trying to offer affordable guitars to people who want something with "Fender" on the headstock, and compete with all the cheap, great quality Eastern-made guitars. But if they can continue to boost the rep of Squier, then perhaps it's better for the perceived quality of the Fender brand if the company offer these lower-mid price models as high-end Squiers.

I wouldn't say that the cheap Gibsons available recently are doing that brand's luxury status any favours...

Just my two cents.

16. Seurdge

Seurdge Tele-Meister

Sep 28, 2010
    Québec, Canada
    Anyone know when the Jag will be available ?

17. bugo

bugo Tele-Holic

Jul 29, 2006
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Are the Jazzmasters going to have actual Jazzmaster pickups or P90s like the J Mascis Jazzmaster has?

18. BB123

BB123 Tele-Meister

Mar 6, 2011
    Louisiana
    For some reason the models were taken off the Fender site. Otherwise that would probably give more of the specs.

19. musicmatty

musicmatty Former Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Maryland

They are Semour Duncan designed Jazzmaster pickups..very very good in my opinion ;)

20. bugo

bugo Tele-Holic

Jul 29, 2006
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    You have one?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.