New to me guitar day..

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Miguello, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Miguello

Miguello Tele-Meister

Feb 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    Saw this last weekend, but wasn't prepared for the expense, even at half of the new price. I called them this morning and it was still available so I went and snatched it up. Came with one of the chainsaw cases with the likeness of a strat molded into the outside. Anyway, just your average 72 Thinline MIM in natural ash. My Squier 72 on the left.

Once I brought it home and got all of the smudges and dust off of it, I was shocked at the overall condition of the thing. 8 years old and only one small mark in the clear on the back. On the front, not even so much as a pick scratch. Happy camper!

[​IMG]

2. OldDude2

OldDude2 Tele-Meister

Jun 27, 2018
    Nashville, TN
    They seem happy together Congratulations!

Awesome:D

3. DHart

DHart Friend of Leo's

Oct 12, 2012
    Scottsdale, AZ USA
    Congrats, Miguello! Looks like a sweet guitar. I'm sure you're enjoying the heck out of it.

4. Macrogats

Macrogats Tele-Afflicted

May 15, 2017
    Auckland, New Zealand
  5. Miguello

Miguello Tele-Meister

Feb 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    Thanks, yep it is a GREAT sounding guitar, even bone stock! I recently bought a new MIM Jazzmaster, and I am considering a conversion to WR humbuckers. It just seems kind of blippy and thin sounding. I will give it a few more months and see if it grows on me.

6. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Mar 18, 2010
    Paris France - Rome Italy
    Great pair, congrats.

7. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
  8. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Friend of Leo's

Jan 4, 2017
    Wales
    Lovely! How do the two compare?

9. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    nice book ends! congrats

10. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 2, 2009
    South Australia
    Well done!! Love the natural Ash one.

11. Ydwen Jones

Ydwen Jones Tele-Meister

Jan 2, 2019
    Amsterdam
    Very nice set of guitars! I love the thinlines! Gotta get me one of those, at some point. HNGD!

12. Miguello

Miguello Tele-Meister

Feb 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    Surprisingly enough nearly identical. I thought the MIM had a slight edge, but the strings on the Squier were possibly six months old or more. Once I threw a new set on, they were almost exactly the same. Enough to where plugging them in back to back, it sounds like the same guitar. I'm not sure I would say a headstock decal, fancier backed tuners, a protruding truss rod nut, and a micro tilt neck joint ends up with one being worth twice the price of the other. YMMV.

Bristlehound likes this.
  13. Miguello

Miguello Tele-Meister

Feb 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    Here's another pair I love, hehe. Nashville Deluxe, and the non Fender partscaster Tele. The partscaster is a bad mofo! Fender vintage style bridge with three brass saddles and brass nut, Fender Noiseless in the neck, G&L bridge pickup, all electronics are top notch equipment. It weighs almost nothing...8 pounds maybe! 15498085238802542482286744205848.jpg

Fenderdad1950 likes this.
  14. Miguello

Miguello Tele-Meister

Feb 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    And the lone ranger, haha. Squier Black And Chrome edition, with a white guard. Pickups are both SD, and CTS pots and a 47 orange drop. Sounds very nice! It wants to post it sideways, sigh. Internet is down and can't rotate pics on the phone at least I have never found that option.... 154980882293166148593753012038.jpg

15. Fenderdad1950

Fenderdad1950 TDPRI Member

Feb 4, 2019
    Albuquerque
    Happy NGD indeed. I have a soft spot for thinlines. Excellent purchase!

16. Miguello

Miguello Tele-Meister

Feb 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    The funny thing is that I almost bought the blonde Squier Version back when the sunburst one popped up on the radar, and I was like hell yeah! Still liked the blonde ones but was happy with my choice. I saw this one last Saturday, and despite my friend saying it was too high, sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and get something if you want it. Honestly I don't think $510 with tax was that bad, especially given the condition, and considering the new price is $925. It certainly sounds reasonable by comparison.

17. Jim622

Jim622 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Apr 1, 2011
    Far N.E. Philadelphia
    Congrats - I have the same model. My #1. After 15 years I just switched to a black pick guard, just for a change.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.