Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

New Software Discussion - Questions

Discussion in 'Forum Help Threads' started by TDPRI, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Hey, thanks gnuyork. I use my MacBook Pro for recording and there is a reason why I have not revved it up, but it's been so long, I can't remember why, o_O ..... but there is a good reason.:confused: Maybe it has to do with my interface.:rolleyes:

Actually someone in the TDPRI heavens took care of my issue. Thank you whoever you are. I really appreciate it.:)

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  2. gnuyork

gnuyork TDPRI Member

Apr 20, 2014
    GA
    Ah...now that I think of it, I did run into two issues with El Capitan. My interface is so old (Focusrite Saffire) that the driver is no longer supported. It works to monitor audio just fine, but I lose all functionality like monitor muting/dimming in the supplied interface software, but runs fine in my recording DAW software which is Logic. No big deal. I usually record remotely on my old macbook pro anyway, but I use the interface daily at my workstation for monitoring all the guitar vids on You Tube :D oh...uh...and for work. I have my eye on a new interface (Audient), I'll jump when it's too painful with my current one.

The other issue is my Wacom tablet is so old that driver is also no longer supported, however I faked it - downloaded the latest on an older operating system (I still have a partitioned drive with Mavericks, though never really got along with Mavericks) - then brought it into El Capitan and placed in the proper folder and it works - though again - no functionality of the driver in system preferences, but I don't really care about that. The pen tablet works just fine and that's all I really need.

I guess the solution would be to upgrade my Wacom tablet, but that's not happening. This one is just fine, perfect actually. Makes me mad they don't offer a current driver for it.

Also if I were you, I'd at least use Chrome rather than the older Safari due to security issues. The new updated Safari should be fine, but unsupported in the oder operating systems. Before El Capitan, I did not want to do this, but a friend convinced me, as well as certain things started acting strange in safari, like google images (on purpose). You can export all of your bookmarks and favorited to work in Chrome.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  3. waparker4

waparker4 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Just a comment, I find myself having difficulty remembering where to go to find a user's threads they have started. I believe it's under Information on their profile which doesn't make sense to me personally. Information would be like birthday etc.. Threads started by this user would be one of the main reasons I click on someone's profile so maybe it shouldn't be buried in a sub menu?

I'm using Chrome Beta on a Samsung Galaxy S6.

Attached Files:

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. waparker4

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Another thing that interrupts my flow on my mobile browser - on the classifieds front page the categories get relegated down to the very bottom.. Not an issue on my desktop browser so not so much a complaint as a comment..

Attached Files:

6. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    The normal and easy way to do it is to tap on the Avatar of any member in any post. The "Member Card" will appear and you can tap on the number in the "Posts" section to see a listing of all of their posts. This does not separate Threads they've started from Posts - though you can see the word "Post" or "Thread" to the right of the Thread Title.

Posts.png

search.png

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  7. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND
    Admin Post
    The way the site works on the mobile browser is pretty much the same as it works on the desktop computer - however some things on the sides are moved down that can't fit the smaller screen of the mobile browser. The List of Categories in the Classifieds is one of those "side" things that doesn't fit the mobile browser screen and is moved down below the center content of the page.

When dealing with a small screen some things just have to give.

waparker4 likes this.
  8. waparker4

Nov 9, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA

At the time i was looking for a specific thread that hadn't been posted to in a week, but i knew the original poster. I guess the search function would be a better way to find that thread with fewer clicks to navigate. Thanks

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.