Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

New shoulder is done!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by studio1087, Oct 4, 2017.

1. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas
    It's the way they're washing their hands that we're discussing and you know it. Alcohol based sanitizers properly applied are every bit as good as traditional handwashing with soap and water. For you to infer that they are not is wrong.

studio1087 likes this.

2. Jupiter

Jupiter Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    One of the best things about Bad Dog threads is all the different ways they spin off into the weeds. :D

Glad to see you on the other side of that procedure, John! I had surgery for a torn rotator cuff (dislocated my shoulder five times before I finally had it taken care of). The first night after surgery definitely sucked, but the pain steadily decreased from that point. I found the biggest hassle after that was that I could only lie on my back or on one side--and my wife always complained about my snoring when I was on my back...

3. ukepicker

ukepicker Tele-Holic

Oct 15, 2013
    East Texas
    Glad it went well, John. Speedy and Complete Recovery to you!

Mr Green Genes and studio1087 like this.

4. SolidSteak

SolidSteak Tele-Afflicted

Apr 27, 2016
    USA
    Speedy recovery! Maybe practice some drums in the mean time ala Rick Allen of Def Leppard?

Mr Green Genes and studio1087 like this.

5. Sounds Good

Sounds Good Tele-Meister

Oct 2, 2017
    Luton UK
    A speedy recovery from me also! Sorry this happend to you btw, but just focus on my avatar it is supposed to move fast but for some reason it has stopped.

studio1087 likes this.

6. djh22

djh22 Tele-Meister

Jan 12, 2012
    VA
    Best wishes for a full recovery!

studio1087 likes this.

7. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's

Feb 6, 2007
    central illinois
    All this talk about hand washing, etc. is not only appropriate, but the best advice in the thread, IMO. My brother had a hip replaced and came home with MRSA. Six months later, he forgot about the hip part.

Nothing scares me more about a hospital.

Mr Green Genes and elihu like this.

8. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    Almost time to go. I have the coolest bag in the building (sorta maybe).

[​IMG]
    :cool:

sean79, CoyotesGator, MickM and 3 others like this.

9. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's

Feb 6, 2007
    central illinois
    Yes, you do. We're gonna need progress reports.

studio1087 and Mr Green Genes like this.

10. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas
    I've worked at one for 33 years now and yeah, a hospital is where you can get exposed to everything under the sun. I'm still very respectful and use all the personal protective equipment and follow all the hand washing regimens. I figure it's worked so far....

11. Mr Green Genes

Mr Green Genes Tele-Afflicted

Feb 23, 2016
    MI
    There is no evidence to support your claim, or at least if there is, you haven't linked to it.

Although the rates of hospital-acquired infection are going down, it's still a very real problem. It's an issue worthy of discussion, and if you want to start a thread on the matter, go for it.

Again, this is not that thread.

12. MickM

MickM Friend of Leo's Ad Free + Supporter

Good luck healing up. When I woke up from my hip surgery I hobbled out of the bed and spent the remaining time sitting in a chair beside the bed. I wanted them to know that I was serious about leaving but I was still there for about 24 hours. My first stay in a hospital and hopefully my last. Told 'em that I'd rather spend a week in county lockup than another night of hospital "care".

xafinity and studio1087 like this.

13. Jules78

Jules78 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Northern VA
    Glad you are doing well! Those of you arguing over hand sanitizer... I feel like this is the sequel to the film step brothers and someone touched the drum set.

Mr Green Genes likes this.

14. Mr Green Genes

Mr Green Genes Tele-Afflicted

Feb 23, 2016
    MI
    Agreed. Not the appropriate place for it.

studio1087 likes this.

15. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Best wishes for a full recovery. Prayers sent!

16. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit
    As the person who first mentioned making sure people were clean before they touched John the shoulder patient, I say only to the bone-chewers : stop glancing at the ground where the grease spot used to be of the dead horse y'all beat into tallow looooong ago.

As Chris Rock said (he was referring to a cranky wife but it applies here) - agree to anything , that way they'll shut up sooner.

Who cares ?

"Well, right is right !"

No, this an internet punchline at this point - flame war on a discussion forum.

Hope you're doing well John !

17. FenderGyrl

FenderGyrl Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jul 22, 2012
    Wisconsin
    Get Well Soon John !!!

john.jpg

studio1087 likes this.

18. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

May 24, 2010
    Scotland
    Quit lollygagging, John- there's music to be played!

studio1087 likes this.

19. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Ad Free Member

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    I know. I wish I could play. Today I took my pain meds and then watched the latest Transformers movie and the latest Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

Felt a little dizzy and confused and then it was robots, robots, robots, robots, robots, robots, pirates, pirates, pirates, pirates, pirates, pirates..... that's all that I remember from the last 5 hours. Kind of a robot-pirate smooshy smear.

ukepicker and Flaneur like this.

20. don71

don71 Tele-Afflicted

Dec 6, 2009
    Central Missouri
    Ok..Sounds like your'e recovering then. ;)

Best wishes and don't worry about those things you can't do. Somebody is doing them for you.:)

studio1087 likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.