Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

new project

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by wired to go, Jan 24, 2013.

1. wired to go

wired to go Tele-Meister

strat2.jpg

strat3.jpg

strat4.jpg Here is my newest project. It's a Squire Afinity Strat. I'm in the process of gutting it. I'm putting 2 lipsticks and a full size rail humbucker in a white pearloid pickguard. I'll be using a 5 way, coil split (push pull pot), a master volume , master tone and a volume for the humbucker. My question is Should I use the original neck and trem? Are the mounting screw holes the same as the Mexican or American Trem? I would really rather have a better trem block than the original cast one.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  2. michlgasser

michlgasser TDPRI Member

Good morning! (at least at my place)

I would definitely keep the neck as long as it feels good for you.
    The affinity necks are very well made, as far as I can tell.

The trem screw placing is usually the same.

Have fun with it!

Greetings
    Michl

3. wired to go

wired to go Tele-Meister

Guitar Fetish has a replacement bridge with a brass block. I'm going to order it and my pickups from them. I am also going to eventually replace the neck with a Warmoth fatback neck, probably an Warhead model, Using the original for a while. I like fat necks.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Twang Factor 10

Twang Factor 10 Tele-Meister

This is just a hunch, and I haven't experienced this personally, but the trem screws on the Squier maybe on a metric screw spacing. I have put a USA pick guard on a MIJ strat. Screw holes did not line up nor did it fit like the MIJ guard. A little tweaking and we made it work though.

6. thumbpick

thumbpick Tele-Afflicted

7. wired to go

wired to go Tele-Meister

I got a metric spaced trem from GFS.

8. wired to go

wired to go Tele-Meister

Almost done. I'm waiting for the neck I bought on E-bay. It's a Mighty Mite in gloss clear with a roller nut. Just couldn't afford the Warmoth neck. Can't wait to play it. I'm thinkin' I'll be able to get a lot of different sounds mixing that rail 'bucker with the lipsticks. The rail has it's own volume and a coil cut; I set the push/pull to be single coil in normal position. I also added a push/pull neck pickup on.

[/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.