Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

New pedal line from Danelectro, they look really cool!

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by ftbtx, Sep 15, 2017.

1. ftbtx

ftbtx Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

TeleFunk Man and lefty73 like this.

2. lefty73

lefty73 Tele-Holic

Jan 19, 2011
    Whoa! That Spinning Speaker is on my list for sure!

WaylonFan76 likes this.

3. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    Not crazy about the marketing, but the Spinning Speaker looks interesting.

brbadg, songtalk and Bruxist like this.

4. Chiogtr4x

Chiogtr4x Friend of Leo's

Mar 29, 2007
    Manassas Park, VA
    At least they put Controls on the top/ plus normal footswitch-

I gotta say as a ( previous ) owner of the Cool Cat Series ( And I had and sold the Dano V.1 TOD, and Dano V.1 Drive and Fuzz- all very good sounding) and cheapo FAB Distortion, the Control placement ultimately was a real deal breaker for me, for gig use. Drove me nuts.
    The BOOST one sounds pretty good, and the Spinning Speaker would sound good with an OD- and it looks like they are affordable.
    Don't dig the 'Billionaire' tag but that's not a big deal

FenderLover likes this.

5. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    That battery thing: what the HELL?

6. ponce

ponce Tele-Meister

Dec 21, 2011
    Croatia
    OMG, they look like a part of a medical equipment. Say a footswitch for this:

Attached Files:

7. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    The "Billionaire" marketing thing is disturbing, but the Battery device is intriguing, especially considering I'm building up a 4 pedal grab n' go board.

brbadg and Chiogtr4x like this.

8. Chiogtr4x

Mar 29, 2007
    Manassas Park, VA
    I don't understand what the battery thing does? It's not just a power port/adapter, as it has batteries, Right?

studio1087 and Obsessed like this.

9. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    You don't suppose it is designed so that one battery powers 4 pedals?

10. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    I liked the sound of the boost.

Not diggin the prices though

Also puzzled by the battery box, but I guess the idea here is that many drive pedals sound better with old school batteries, especially ones that have weak output. If you've ever used Dano branded batteries, you might have noticed that they have that half-dead quality to them. so I guess the idea is that your drive/fuzz pedals will sound better if you run them through this brick which is powered by their batteries, and you don't have to mess around with all the little trapdoor compartments? I dunno

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017

11. Chiogtr4x

Mar 29, 2007
    Manassas Park, VA
    Kind of confusing- Dano ( and I play a Dano RI guitar, love it) is always pretty invisible when it comes to info and support, ' contacability'...They put something out there, and then they disappear!
    Prices could be a little cheaper, but I guess there's nothing else ( maybe JOYO or Biyang/GFS? ) this cheap?

12. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    It's not a bug, it's a FEATURE! :lol:

13. Badger06

Badger06 Tele-Meister

Nov 5, 2014
    Lund, Sweden
    Hahaha actually laughed out loud at this! Horrendous design! Can't imagine they'll sell many.

Spinning speaker is interesting. Prime for DIY re-boxing!

14. luckett

luckett Tele-Afflicted

Jun 14, 2011
    The point of the battery box is having one switch to turn off your fuzzes without having to unplug the input jack or plug in dummy plugs on several pedals every time you turn off.

15. Cheap Trills

Cheap Trills Tele-Meister

May 11, 2016
    Brooklyn, NY
    I actually like the battery box concept, no need to worry where the wall jack is or openning up pedals that are already fitted and velcro'd to the board. A foot switch and led for on and off would be preferrable, but I understand why those would be harder to fit.

Agree with everyone else on the "billionaire" branding not making sense, but as least they're doing a theme and something diffetent.

16. xafinity

xafinity Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Dec 24, 2015
    west of I-10
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Battery Billionaire™
    Juicy tone from vintage 1960’s style batteries! (DC supplies and alkaline batteries eat your tone.) Danelectro®‘s vintage batteries offer superior tone to most pedals. 4 x 9 volt outputs. Quick battery change with easy open lid. “Kill switch” cuts power to all 4 DC outputs (no need to unplug input cables from pedals). Includes 4 DC cable, 4 Danelectro® 9 volt vintage batteries. Small footprint. Feed your pedals something they like! $49

richey88 and Mike Simpson like this.

17. FenderLover

FenderLover Friend of Leo's

Jun 11, 2009
    Minnesota
    The battery one is odd.... It's just a battery tray that holds (4) 9V batteries for $50. Why not four LED's for Low Battery indication? I mean, make it useful.... The battery tray hasn't been sold yet (that I recall), so I guess that's what they're banking on.

EDIT: There's not even an LED to remind you that it's on!!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017

18. Staypuft1652

Staypuft1652 Tele-Meister

Mar 7, 2017
    ND, USA
    Couldn't a power supply with faux half dead battery mode (same principle as variac.) work? Guess you wouldn't sell batteries then. Maybe something like this already exists.

Granted I know next to nill about electronics, but I dont think it would be difficult. I remember those all in one radioshack (Realistic) brand adapters with voltage selector switch from the 80's.

19. brbadg

brbadg Tele-Holic

Mar 11, 2008
    Timonium,Maryland
    Wow it seems kind of inappropriate in this day and age.Surely they could have
    come up with something else.

radiocaster likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.