Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

New Model Classic Vibe - Humbucker Bridge

Discussion in 'Squier Tele Forum' started by SynMike, Sep 20, 2014.

1. SynMike

SynMike Tele-Meister

Mar 22, 2013
    Vancouver BC
    I was at Long & McQuade today and saw a new model of Squier Classic Vibe Telecaster, double bound in grey/tan, maybe metallic (I don't know the name of the color).

The sales guy said it is a new model just released. He pointed out a new Classic Vibe Stratocaster in the same color. I should have taken pictures to share. Not found on the Fender web site yet.

It has a Classic Vibe sticker. But I don't know if the double binding means this one is labelled as of the Classic Vibe Custom series. The Humbucker in neck position makes it different. Interesting. I may go back to try it out over the weekend.

2. riolux

riolux Tele-Holic

Apr 18, 2008
    Stockholm, Sweden

3. Buzzin_Cousin

Buzzin_Cousin Tele-Holic

Jan 17, 2013
    United States
    The Expansion was bound to happen. What I can't figure out is why did the 8-10 new CV models that were supposed to be released earlier this year get nixed when some of these new and different models are now trickling out.

4. marsh99

marsh99 Tele-Afflicted

May 3, 2011
    London, England
    Nice, if this plays as well as other CVCs, I'm sold. Cool colour, would love to see one in the flesh.

8962252_800.jpg

5. rattus77

rattus77 Tele-Meister

Apr 30, 2008
    Grays Essex (ENGLAND)
    I really like it. gassing for one now.

6. simonsp

simonsp Friend of Leo's

Jan 13, 2013
    England
    If they would put a nice chunky neck on these Fender USA could shut up shop and save on the electric bill.

7. TEENIEMCNEE

TEENIEMCNEE Tele-Meister

Jan 16, 2014
    Glasgow
    That looks amazing. I have a CVC and they sound as good as they look...

8. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Well now this one I like. No chrome hat on the humbuckers and the body looks like it could be shoreline gold. Tough to tell in those photos but it looks like the same finish as a CV PBass I've seen that shoreline gold with a tort pickguard.

The one base I haven't covered is a H/S pickup configuration and I'll be damned if they didn't bait the hook with this one. To me it needs a lighter pickguard to match the binding but it's a sharp looking guitar.

9. 68Telebass

68Telebass Tele-Afflicted

Aug 2, 2014
    Northern Arizona
    Looks great! is the switch 3 way?- I'm sure you could split the HB with a tap…

very nice color-

10. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

Oct 2, 2013
    Reno
    Hmmm...she is a looker, no doubt about that. Could be Shoreline Gold I guess but looks more like Pewter to me. I agree that, with the rest of it's understated good looks, the tort guard might be a bit much. Antique White or a matte black could be a better fit. I'll guess that Nevada or someone will have a demo on it soon though...

11. riolux

riolux Tele-Holic

Apr 18, 2008
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The color is called Gold Bronze on the german websites.
    It says that the switch is 3-way.

12. comebackkid

comebackkid Tele-Meister

These are FSR's; so if you want one, better get 'em fast!

13. Hackney

Hackney Tele-Meister

Jan 2, 2014
    Massachusetts
    Humbucker bridge? You must mean neck. Not a huge fan of most humbuckers but they do work well as a Tele neck pickup.

14. nspeer

nspeer TDPRI Member

Sep 18, 2014
    Evergreen, CO
    Wow! Nice looking guitar. Bet it sounds...interesting. Can't wait for reports on the tone. FWIW, I like the tort pickguard.

15. bender66

bender66 Friend of Leo's

Jan 18, 2010
    on my bike
    I was trying to wrap my head around that too. I don't need anymore help being confused.

I don't mind the tort, but I wonder who comes up with that? A white or aged would have been top-notch.

16. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    keep 'em coming, Squier. I'll keep buying 'em.

17. HotDan!

HotDan! Friend of Leo's

Oct 2, 2013
    Reno
    I'm unfamiliar with the "Gold Bronze" color name but it's possible that it's a non-literal translation so perhaps it really is Shoreline Gold.

FSR's? Likely I guess. Where did you get that from comeback? Are they vendor specific? I'm having a little difficulty obtaining ANY info on these so far.

Yeah, it looks like a CVC similar to the 'tux' type release of a couple of years ago. These were FSR's also with a reported 250 supposed to have been made each in black and white. A re-release of the white one was supposed to be available through GC this year but I've heard reports that it's on 'backorder'. Could be more of what Buzzin brings up repeatedly about various color and pickup variations that never come to fruition.

As for the thought that this should have an 'interesting' sound...well, I'll just say that this has been a widely accepted and somewhat standard configuration since the mid 60's in a tele and is certainly much more than interesting, it's very good.

Also I'll guess that the 'humbucker bridge' part of the title was simply an error since it was stated correctly in the text so probably not such a big deal to figure out.

Humbuckers in either the neck or bridge positions have been done extensively though so I'd say it's mostly a matter of pups and preference...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

18. Ironbird

Ironbird Tele-Holic

Aug 7, 2012
    Malaysia
    Another step in the right direction for Squier, and another identity crisis for Fender?

Nah. There's a good market for both brands. But my money will always go to Squier.

19. soulman969

soulman969 Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Englewood, CO
    Fender has a thing for tort pickguards and always has. The trouble is they over use them and the ones they use today can't hold a candle to the looks of the originals.

I suppose they've also figured out that if they use enough tort they'll sell more after market replacements. I'm with you a white or a vintage cream to match the binding would be more attractive to me.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.